“Brilliant little pub!”
Review of The Barrel

The Barrel
Ranked #1 of 4 Nightlife in Bude
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My partner and I happened upon this pub on Good Friday as we were staying in a B&B just around the corner. I am gutted that we found such a great local pub that happens to be over a hundred miles away from our home! What I wouldn't give to have such a friendly, welcoming and cosy pub local to our home.

The beers are locally brewed and delicious. I love the simple concept of the pub and the 'No mobile phones' rule. Its refreshing to visit a pub where everybody actually chats to each other, rather than staring at their phone for hours on end. The staff are lovely, really friendly and happy to interact with their customers.

Would highly recommend and if I am ever back in Bude I will most certainly be visiting again.

All reviews
"brewed"
"cornwall"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent range of well kept Cornish beers, ciders, wine and spirits. Selection changes every week, and always something new to sample. Mobile phones are banned and conversation encouraged instead. Very refreshing.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

On a cold windy afternoon we found this lovely local bar. Given a lovely welcome by the landlord. The beer was just what we were looking for all locally made craft beers . The locals made us feel very welcome. Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Great little pub with good beers and gins, lovely atmosphere, definitely worth a visit if you are in Bude. Great staff, nice music.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This is the best pub in Bude by far, if you like real ale, meeting people and enjoying yourself then it's a must place to visit. It doesn't do meals but it does great beers, as live music on Sunday's and a friendly welcoming Landlord who finds time to talk to everyone. Definitely a must visit pub