Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
    The Kings Arms(Christchurch)
    Captain's Club Hotel(Christchurch)
    Lord Bute Hotel(Christchurch)
    View Hotel
    All reviewsthe pubcoach housenew forestdog friendly hotelfresh milkmain buildingbiscuitssunday lunchevening mealfish and chipsbottled waterplenty of parkingcomfortable roomstayed one nightlittle extrasboth nightspleasant stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a shame! Good location. Local to us and seems to have been recently refurbished. Gave it a try last Friday. First ones in and fairly deserted. Food was good but took an hour and a half in all to order and receive our main course. By which time we had lost interest in the dessert we were saving ourselves for!
    Came back this evening after agreeing to give them benefit of the doubt. First ones into the restaurant, took 25 mins before we managed to almost kidnap a waiter to place our order. 5 mins later we were told the specials on the board that we'd ordered from weren't available until the next day! The ex planations and subsequent attitude were about as unprofessional as I've ever experienced. When we requested the owners details we were told by the young man that he was far too busy to talk to us.

Not recommended!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
    Annette P, General Manager at Fisherman's Haunt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Lucia M,

Thank you for your review, however on this occasion I would like to invite my assistant manager Jack to reply seeing as it was him that deal with you. I do feel that on this occasion Jack's actions were right and below he will explain why.

Upon arrival you were seated in the restaurant and provided with drinks whilst you looked at the menus, our Specials board which clearly states 'This Weekend Specials' sadly was unavailable to you last night, however I feel that the options of both our 2 or 3 course pre-fix menus, our April food offer and also our main menu provided a wide range of dishes,

I will apologise for the wait that you did endure, just like I did to all the tables in the restaurant, however I feel on this occasion the 25 minutes may be an exaggeration and in no way warranted the way you spoke to me, I assure you me and my colleagues were hard at work dealing with other matters and your table would have been my next priority.

The attitude you may have felt I gave off was in response to you making a personal insult towards me, calling me a "waste of space", something I will not take from anyone. In response to this I politely asked you to leave the restaurant, at which point you refused to pay for the drinks you had received and drunk, and left, loudly commenting on how you felt, I was once again a "waste of space" and this whole situation was a "Joke"

After reading this I am sure that you will agree with me, that none of my staff deserve to be spoken to in the way that you spoke to Jack, and just because you come to dine in an establishment gives you no right to talk to any team member in any restaurant or hotel that way. I thank you for your comments and your feedback.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed Easter Sunday and Monday with family. Rooms were lovely, spotlessly clean as usual with a charming chocolate bunny waiting for us and a complimentary bottle of London Pride, a really nice touch. Also some free homemade shortbread biscuits which were delicious. Had dinner both nights at FH which we all enjoyed particularly the Sunday Roast Beef Sirloin - can definitely recommend. All food was delicious and value for money apart from the overpriced and under portioned cheese board. Only one problem we encountered was not being able to sit where we wanted on the first morning at breakfast particularly as the dining area was empty apart from two other diners. We sat at a prepared table only to be asked to move and placed next to the only other couple in the room. We explained that we needed extra space as we were expecting a relative to join us but we were still asked to move. When other guests arrived we watched them sit where they wanted and a couple sat at the table we were moved from! Our relative arrived but had to leave as there was nowhere for him to be seated so we felt embarrassed and not impressed. Please let people sit where they feel comfortable. Apart from that we had another lovely stay and a big thank you to Holly for arranging the lovely Easter Egg Hunt.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear MeandThee2,

Thank you for your lovely review, I have mentioned to the kitchen about the cheeseboard. I have also spoken to the team to find out who asked you to move, this is not acceptable and I shall be looking into this so I apologise.

I am so pleased that you got to take part in the Easter Egg hunt, believe it or not there was one that was not found! We do hope that you will join us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked to stay here purely because it’s dog friendly and we wanted to take our dog Gizmo away for Easter:) What a great place, starting with cleanliness..spotless throughout from the rooms to the cutlery couldn’t fault it, great location, good special touches for Giz, treats, doggie bags and food bowl in the rooms, also nice touch for us, free homemade biscuits daily, bottle of London Pride, chocolate Easter bunnies and bottled water.Excellent food
    & top class genuine customer service, a special mention to Arron, a credit to Fisherman’s Haunt, friendly, smart and polite showing a genuine interest in us as people as opposed to being just another customer. Will deffo be back and recommend to family and friends. Thank you for a great Easter:)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear nickycargill2,

Thank you for your lovely review, it was so lovely to meet you all. We hope that you enjoyed your chocolate bunny? It's just a shame the weather was really British and rained but we hope next time you are here that it will be glorious.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had Sunday lunch for 4 on the 1st April to celebrate my sis in law's birthday. Garlic mushrooms on brioche for starter followed by roast beef of sirloin with perfectly cooked vegetables. Great service from Jack & Holly. Awesome experience and the perfect end to a great day at Mudeford.

Most Sunday lunches are very similar, this place is a cut above.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear shorty4eva,

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and I know that Jack and Holly enjoyed looking after you. We hope you left room for pudding!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for 2 nights, the rooms were lovely and clean with a very comfortable bed, staff were absolutely fantastic, so helpful and friendly. The food was excellent and the service was too. I would Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear tweety222018,

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your comments onto the team and hope to welcome you next time you are down this way.