“Good value”

Ranked #75 of 162 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Seating upstairs, downstairs and outside. There are extensive take-out and eat-in menus, serving mainly traditional British food. All dishes are homecooked, and supplies are sourced locally wherever possible. We serve a great range of the finest coffees which are Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance certified.Baggies is a charming Listed Building at the heart of Christchurch High Street.
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Popped in late afternoon with the kids as we were all peckish after strolling around Christchurch. Very helpful staff. I had classic burger, served on olive wood dish, nicely presented. Kids enjoyed a veggie pastie and Cornish pastie. A plate of chips to share. All food nicely presented. Good value will go again.

Baggies C, Owner at Baggies, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taken time to share your experience about our food and service.
Her at Baggies we thrive to do our best and serving you as our guest and provide our best food we can produce.
We look forward to see you again soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Not very impressed with the takeaway sandwiches.Bread dry and did not taste like butter was used. The service was okay though

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Had the order of a breakfast with a pot of tea....for 2 people.....!!!
When WE asked for another t-bag for each of the pots as the TEA was very WEAK WE were told it would COST us an EXTRA 25p per T-Bag....Yet We were given a Full jug of milk which was enough for 2 cups of tea for each pot.....WE would have used all the milk had the tea been more palatable to drink.....!
The Breakfast wasn't exactly the best either ...Suggesting they used a whole tin of beans on each plate....is an understatement..........!!
The young lady who served us was however VERY polite ...BUT the guy/chef/manager WHAT EVER he was SO VERY RUDE.........When we Complained to him about the whole visit he started shouting an telling me to basically Get out ....!!!
NEVER AGAIN................

6  Thank katmar2
Baggies C, Owner at Baggies, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

I can only say you are the saddest people I've had in Coffee shop, we terrible because you asked for an extra Tea Bag and when we informed you that you would have to pay 0.25p? And you refuse and wanted to trade what's left form your milk and we decline then you start your war, you also said that the beans running on your breakfast I would be concerns if it is not? I don't understand if the breakfast was terrible why you have eaten all of it, you wanted to pay what you like unfortunately wa are not a charity and you try to blackmail us . We don't tolerate such behaviour. We respect and treat everyone like our guests but you and people like you should be sent to ware zone to learn how to respect other.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Terrible breakfast, didn't bother to ask if there where any allergies, then when informed that there was he took the breakfast away and didn't talk to us for the rest of the time we where in the place. Really disgusting customer service and the food the others ate was small portions and cold at best.

5  Thank Perez M
Baggies C, Owner at Baggies, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

You can lie as you like and but we both know who is wrong very twisted said man I'm nit the one who shouted and have customer who can testify that, also I have come and greeted you and explain to you the special offer and you have decide to go for it any way and I point to you whats in the breakfast and when I go it you take away the mushroom then I offer to put the food in fresh plate and 1st you declined then you decided not to eat it and you said you well pay for it, then you swore more then one in the front your children, and my and for that i diced that it was not our fault we have done nothing wrong, then when you come to pay you change your mind and you don't want to pay and you said call the police and as you request I called the police but our customer felt sorry the kids they hearing you swore and take bitty on your children from hearing this and offer to pay. What an example you are for your children? I can only see that you are very very very said man. If any one like to know the real story you are welcome to hear it from a customer not from us in who was shouting.
Oh there is a lot more people like you I guess? You can say what you like and I will not bring myself to your low level.I know the true it hurt sometime but please get a life and move on.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a Baguette and nobody seemed to know what they were doing. Charged extra to pay by card - really?? Asked for red onion and ended up with half an onion sliced on the top of the roll with roots on - won't be going back and it seems as others must feel the same as very dead in the cafe to what always used to be buzzing - the plus, it raised. A laugh in the office when they saw what I got. The baguette did taste fine though once we sorted the onion issue lol

1  Thank Jason D
Mike I, Owner at Baggies, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Mr Reviewer,

Thanks for taking time to give us feedback and we very much value your opinion, I'm the one who served you as my colleague was in training and I see that you are very disappointed when I informed you that the minimum spend £5 on card if less you will be charge 25p and you agreed, simply we don't make a profit from your £3.40 spend on baguette with 2 topping and with this in mind I see that you are not happy about the charge off course everything else whatever we do will not be good enough.

In regards you mentioned about we used to be bussing? I'm astonished you sound like someone who come everyday which I don't think so as I been for the last three and half years never seen you before.

I'm glad that you enjoyed our baguette after removing some onion.

Regards,