“Birthday meal”
Review of Andersens

Andersens
Reserve with OpenTable
Andersens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Coleford
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Description: Andersens Restaurant is the dining experience of Forest House which is also open to non residents. It offers homemade food including fresh steaks, meat dishes and seafood. All food is cooked to order and served in a relaxed and informal atmosphere by professional members of our team. Owners Barbara and Simon Andersen pride themselves on quality food and service, and great values for money.
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Family meal to celebrate birthday.
Attended with partner and 2 children.
Extremely welcoming and friendly staff.
Excellent quality food and plenty of it.
Children's meals were good value.
Good selection on menu.
Crackly pork is recommended.
Will definitely go again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 16 September 2018

As we were staying in the hotel, we ate at the restaurant in the evening. So glad we did. The three of us had one of the best fish meals we have ever eaten. Everything was excellent - we were very impressed indeed.

1  Thank kathanddon
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were staying in the area and decided reasonably last minute to find a nice restaurant for dinner. I found Andersens on TA and am very thankful for that.

We viewed the menu online from the Forest House (Andersens' guest house) website. The OpenTable service was built in to the website allowing us to swiftly and painlessly book a table for that evening.

On our arrival we were warmly welcomed and asked to take a seat in the cozy bar while we chose from the menu and had a drink. Ordering was slightly delayed as we were distracted by a variety of quiz/trivia card games on the shelf which we are always drawn to. Once we had ordered and tested our music trivia we were taken through to our table in the dining room where our starters were served very shortly after. It was a slightly unusual ordering format that I haven't encountered before but I'm all for it, much better than just being shown to your table and waiting there for service.

As mentioned, starters were served swiftly. My wife had a half ciabatta with butter, olive oil with balsamic vinegar and salt. I had Thai style fishcakes with a delicious sweet chilli sauce. Both were delightful. Starters were cleared away promptly and mains followed. Beer battered fish with chips and peas and the mixed seafood platter (pictured) were served and both again were superb. We finished with a cheesecake to share, which rounded off the meal perfectly.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Andersens for dinner and when we are next in the area we will definitely return and probably stay at Forest House too.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We made a last minute reservation, and so glad we did as we had a lovely meal at Andersens Restaurant in Coleford.

We had a range of starters (scallops with black pudding, tiger prawns with chorizo and deep fried brie) all of which were very good. The scallops that I had were cooked to perfection and the dish was really tasty.

For mains, again, another mix of dishes (pasta arabiatta, fillet steak, braised beef and the crackling pork) was enjoyed by our group. Comments such as 'one of the best meals ever had' was said over dinner regarding the fillet steak and accompanying chips. The crackling pork was a filling meal - the not for the fainthearted tag on the menu was correct - as I couldn't eat it all, but the meat was so tender and the crackling that encased it was just cooked perfectly.

Service was very good, the restaurant ambience/room was also really nice too with plenty of space on the tables.

So pleased we made the call to eat here.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Recommended! Plenty of choice for vegetarians too. I am definitely looking forward to my next visit. Excellent food, friendly welcome and good service. Glad that Coleford has one high-quality restaurant!

Date of visit: August 2018