2,072 results
All reviews leftbank restaurant lock restaurant left bank restaurant outdoor pool buffet restaurant lock bar and kitchen magna carta riverside room river view walk along the river spa facilities watching the boats windsor castle lovely hotel lounge bar heathrow airport great weekend
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We ate in the riverside dinner. It was awful. The service was terrible. Slow and stroppy. The food was overpriced and dubious quality. On the positive side the area is lovely. It is a nice place to sit and watch the world float by on the Thames

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thank you for your review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am sorry that you found the restaurant awful and overpriced. Both our restaurants usually receive very positive feedback in regards to pricing, quality and the lovely service. Please do not hesitate to contact me or our Food and Beverage Manager directly should you wish to elaborate further on your feedback.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I was meeting with clients at the hotel for lunch. We met at the Lock Bar Restaurant and decided to sit outside under very welcomed sun shades. The atmosphere was lovely, shade and a great view of the river and lock. The meal was superb. Four of us had starters, mains, sweet and coffee, plus our drinks all for under £160.

Great food, lovely location, plenty of parking, easy to get too. What’s not to like

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am thrilled that you enjoyed a lovely lunch in a nice atmosphere at a great price on the Lock Bar and Kitchen terrace. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Had a fantastic time made even better by the hot weather and the outdoor pool. The time spent by the pool made it feel like we had gone abroad.

The rooms are great, the food is great and the hotel is made for kids. We all had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Oliver J

Thank you for your lovely review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am glad that you and your family had a fantastic time and that the weather combined with the outdoor pool made it feel like a holiday abroad. I am also glad that you found the rooms and the food great. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

I booked an overnight stay here as a surprise for my boyfriends birthday. The package I got included use of the spa (not including any treatments) dinner in the Leftbank restaurant and breakfast.
Check in/out was quick and pleasant and after dropping our bags and checking out the room (river view suite) we went and had a look round and made use of the facilities on offer. I had mentioned when booking that the stay was for my other half’s birthday, and on entering our room we found that he had been left a birthday card and some chocolate which was a really nice touch.
Sadly the weather wasn’t on our side for the outdoor pool, but we used the gym (not massive but had the usual machines and free weights) and the steam room, sauna, and indoor pool, and had a nice relaxing afternoon.
Dinner in the Leftbank was buffet style with lots of choice from soup & salads, with mains being cooked ranging from fish, meat, vegetables, curry and a range of desserts etc. I’m vegan and although there was lots of choice for starters and salads etc, when it came to mains the chef told me that the vegetarian options were not suitable as they contained butter as well as the vegetables being coated in butter. They did however offer to rustle up something for me and told me to come back in 10 mins, when I was presented with a very basic, and quite dry cous cous stuffed pepper and some butter free veg. Disappointing, but at least they went to the trouble of making something for me, for which I was grateful. More annoying however was that my boyfriend had already picked up his plate of food before I realised there was nothing I could eat and would have to wait for 10 mins, meaning that we ended up eating separately. Not what you want when your supposed to be having a nice meal together! (Bearing in mind that one of the main reasons I picked this hotel was because I knew the Leftbank was buffet style and was told there would be vegan options). The disastrous dinner was saved by the fact that they did have a suitable dessert (not out on the buffet but I was told to ask one of the waiting staff- who were very friendly and helpful, and they would bring me something) as they have vegan deserts made up in case anybody requests one- strange considering there’s no suitable mains! But it was very nice. Sadly though the whole situation and having to eat separately did spoil the dining experience. Breakfast was nice with plenty of choice, hot and cold.
The grounds were nice and its lovely being situated right on the riverside. All in all we did have a pleasant stay and I would return here for a little spa break

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your overall positive review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the little birthday treat for your partner. It is pleasing that even though the weather was not on your side you were still able to enjoy the indoor spa facilities and relax a little. I am, however, sorry that dinner did not meet your expectations fully and that you and your partner had to have your main course at different times. I am glad that the chefs tried their best to cater for your dietary requirements and that you were able to enjoy more starters and desserts and that breakfast offered plenty of choices as well. I have passed on your feedback to our Head Chef to look into the vegan options for main courses. We do hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights including a weekend and were delighted with the warmth of welcome, the excellent bedroom, the food service and much more. It was 'near perfect'!
Staff in ever department were courteous, efficient and discreet; obviously well trained.
The breakfast buffet is a joy to behold, matched only by the variety of good quality dishes available on the extensive evening buffet.
There was only one, small setback. The Weir Lock Bar and Grill lacks any soft surfaces so dinner there on the Sunday evening was a nightmare of loud, echoing voices and general hubbub, too much for a relaxing meal.
If that's the only issue, then the rest of this busy, popular, well-located hostelry is well .. near perfect!

Stayed: June 2018

Thank you for your kind review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am glad that you found the hotel “near perfect” and enjoyed a warm welcome from the team and good quality food in the Leftbank Restaurant, and that you found the teams courteous, efficient and discreet. I am, however, sorry that you found the Sunday dinner a nightmare due to the loud, echoing voices. I have passed on your feedback to both our Lock Bar and Kitchen Manager and our Food and Beverage Manager for further review. We look forward to welcoming you back again.