1,823 results
All reviewscatalina restaurantgolf courseblaney barthai spalough erneafternoon teabedroom lodgenoel mcmeelstar hotelcourtyard roomfive starround of golfthe main hotelgolf clubbeautiful hotelsauna and steam roomstar service
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have been looking forward to this break since we were given vouchers at Christmas. We booked a Getaway with 2 nights B&B plus afternoon tea during the week before Easter.
Well I have to say it was just lovely. We have been fortunate to stay in a number of luxury hotels over the years and sometimes this can result in a bit of undeserved disappointment in a hotel. But no disappointment felt here. We both loved it.
I think the main thing was how lovely the staff were. We were given a warm welcome and found all the staff we met were proud of their hotel.
We were going to book our first meal and bumped into the general manager, William K. He chatted to us there and then in the foyer with us in our gym stuff and by 5 mins later he had sold us the Tomahawk steak in the Loughside - we headed off to the gym for an hour and then the pool and went for our booking. Ordered the Tomahawk and he'd actually kept it by for us. Yes it's a treat and mercifully for our wallets, we had no room for dessert and hadn't chosen starters. But it was something special. Adrian served us and was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and about the chef. The accompaniments were flavoursome.
For breakfast we were greeted by Julie who again was friendly and professional. Breakfast was buffet or served, or both and a range of coffees and teas available. And it was nice to see use of local produce.
I have to say, we felt that we were treated in a warm and friendly way - more the feeling of a small hotel than a grand luxurious hotel. But the staff also most definitely had the polish required for a high end hotel. And Nuala took us expertly through the teas for afternoon tea on the third day.
We used the gym and the spa each day, and I enjoyed a jog round the collop walk. I didn't see other rooms but I imagine room 101 where we were may have been one of their smaller rooms but it was lovely, and the furniture in the hotel is interesting - mix of antique and the more modern. If I were to give a "negative" it would be that the room was too warm and we left the windows (to the carpark) open to try and air it for the second night. But still a bit hot for us. It seems a ridiculous thing to say in the coldest winter for a long time... The open fires throughout the hotel were lovely though .
We will definitely be back. To try out the Catalina restaurant next

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have AC
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
William K, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your comprehensive review following your Getaway break at the resort. Both the team and I are thrilled you found the experience enjoyable, relaxing and the food special. I will certainly pass your super comments on to Adrian, Julie, Nuala and all the staff.
I was delighted I met you personally and I look forward to welcome you back very soon again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My friends and I spent the day at the Lough Erne Spa from 11am until 5pm. The staff were wonderful, very kind and welcoming. They didn't seem to mind that we were there all day. We enjoyed the sauna, steam room, aromatherapy shower, whirlpool and swimming pool. The staff were very kind and assisted us in getting some lunch without having to change into out clothes. The library was beautiful. My friends both had facials and I enjoyed a wonderful all body massage with a very charming young man!!! I think this should go on my CV Lol. Anyhow it was great value for money and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Sorry we didn't stay the night just enjoyed a whole day at the spa.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Good morning and thank you for taking the time to post a review following your Lough Erne Spa Day. Your comments are super and I am thrilled that the staff and facilities lived up to your expectations.
Thank you again for highly recommending the resort.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had a few days off before Easter and booked a two night stay. We received a warm welcome from front of house staff and all other staff encountered during our stay, were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Fabulous customer service from everyone, definitely 5*.
We dined in the Catalina Restaurant and were shown to a table overlooking the lake, the food and service was excellent.
Our room was in the main hotel, it was well appointed and spacious, especially enjoyed the balcony and view overlooking the lake.
Have travelled extensively, however, this was our first stay at the Lough Erne Resort, definitely won’t be our last. The hotel and staff are superb.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah K

Thank you most sincerely for your positive feedback following your two night stay before Easter. I am thrilled to hear that the staff, facilities, service and food were all excellent and definitely 5 Star.
Thank you for recommending the Lough Erne Resort and I look forward to meeting you in person on you next stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place with nature and high class of service. Food excellent. Afternoon tea was fantastic- good selection of the tea.
Room extremely clean and very comfortable. Spa 5 stars- little Thailand in Northern Ireland- Thai massage and facial was very good. Place highly recommended

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Good evening and thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review following your recent stay. The team and I are delighted that you found the experience enjoyable, relaxing and the food to top it all off.
Thank you for highly recommending the resort and I look forward to seeing you back soon again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful Hotel and facilities tho let down by minimum coffee etc in room ...coolish room with nowhere to adjust it ... and ridiculously small portions in the Catilna restaurant ... Fine dining should not be an excuse to minimise what is on your plate .. even the vegetables were to a minimum ... We don't mind paying a reasonable price if we feel satisfied at the end of the meal ...Although the food was cooked to perfection it wouldn't have satisfied a child.....compare the size of fish portion to to the fork in photo

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
William K, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent experience. It is consistency we are striving for at the resort and I am disappointed on this occasion we have not lived up to our own high standards. On a positive note I am delighted that the food was cooked to perfection in our award winning Catalina restaurant.
I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly at gm@lougherneresort.com to discuss your points further.