1,906 results
All reviews catalina restaurant golf course blaney bar thai spa lough erne afternoon tea bedroom lodge noel mcmeel five star hotel round of golf the main hotel beautiful hotel golf club castle hume star experience sauna and steam room fine dining
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful Hotel and facilities tho let down by minimum coffee etc in room ...coolish room with nowhere to adjust it ... and ridiculously small portions in the Catilna restaurant ... Fine dining should not be an excuse to minimise what is on your plate .. even the vegetables were to a minimum ... We don't mind paying a reasonable price if we feel satisfied at the end of the meal ...Although the food was cooked to perfection it wouldn't have satisfied a child.....compare the size of fish portion to to the fork in photo

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
William K, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent experience. It is consistency we are striving for at the resort and I am disappointed on this occasion we have not lived up to our own high standards. On a positive note I am delighted that the food was cooked to perfection in our award winning Catalina restaurant.
I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly at gm@lougherneresort.com to discuss your points further.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Just enjoyed an idyllic one night escape at the 5 star Lough Erne Resort, which was both fantastic and relaxing from start to finish.

We received a lovely warm welcome from Ruth, Stephen and all the front of house staff. Check in was seamless and the room impeccable.

Dinner at the Catalina Restaurant was outstanding, the food wonderful. We were superbly looked after by Rachel, Catherine and Lou.

We have stayed at the Lough Erne Resort many times, every visit has been exceptional.

This top class Resort is perfect for luxurious relaxing breaks.

1  Thank Traveller5970
William K, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for such a lovely review following your recent one night escape at the Lough Erne Resort. It is good to hear such feedback and by name too, which I will pass on to Ruth and Stephen.
Thank you for recommending the resort as top class and I look forward to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had four nights in this lovely hotel 27/31 this month. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The Catalina Restaurant was outstanding and the chef visited the diners at the end of the meal. We had a few meals in the bar and they were of a very high standard. The waiting staff are friendly and attentive both at the lovely breakfast and in the bar in the evening. David is one of the waiters and he is a credit to the Hotel. We will certainly visit again.
Ethel Gray

1  Thank asiseeit66

Good morning Ethel and thank you for your kind comments following your recent four night stay at the Lough Erne Resort. I am thrilled that all aspects of your experience were positive and enjoyable. It is lovely to hear such feedback and by name too which I will pass on to David. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Impeccable service, awesome setting, divine food and a bed so comfortable, it feels like sleeping on a cloud.

The best 5 star experience I’ve had. I cannot wait to return. I smiled so much during my stay that my face hurts.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback after your stay at the resort. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed impeccable service, divine food and a very comfortable bed that you felt you were sleeping on a cloud.
Thank you for recommending the resort as the best 5 star experience and I look forward to seeing you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Booked to take my goddaughter away for her birthday. Hotel in superb location. Reception staff friendly and knowledgeable. Fantastic twin room which looked out over the hotels entrance. Room well equipped, lovely and warm and very clean. Lovely surprise that there was a plate of macaroons and a birthday card for my goddaughter. That was a really nice touch. Our booking included a hot chocolate and freshly baked cookies in the Blaney bar overlooking the Lough. Then we went for a swim in the infinity pool and a relax in the jacuzzi. Sheer bliss. We booked dinner in the Loughside bar and grill. This is located a short distance from the main hotel and we were driven from the main hotel to the Loughside. Nice touch. We opted for the tomahawk steak for two which melted in the mouth. We couldn't find any room for dessert. Had the best night's sleep ever. Then Dow to a superb breakfast served in the Catalina restaurant. We were served freshly squeezed orange juice and then helped ourselves to fruit, cereals etc. Our orders were then taken for hot food. I went for eggs Benedict and my goddaughter went for pancakes with maple syrup. Both were polished off in double quick time. Our only regret about our visit was that it was only for one night. Can't wait to go back and be treated like visiting royalty again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Pam H

Good afternoon and thank you for your super feedback following your stay for your Goddaughter's birthday at the resort. I am thrilled that the little touches were noticed throughout your experience and you enjoyed the birthday celebration. The team will be delighted that the facilities, food and service lived up to your expectations.
Thank you for recommending the resort and I look forward to seeing you back with us very soon again.