“Disappointed not what I expect from a 5 star”
Review of Lough Erne Resort

Lough Erne Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have just returned from a saturday night stay and I was really looking forward to a nice relaxing stay. I went with my sister for a spa break as my sister has fibromialgia and we thought it would be a restful break for her.
Bad points - we ate in the Loughside as the Catalina was really busy and we actually prefered the look of the menu. I was half way though my meal and couldn't get the attetion of a waiter to get another drink. We asked for a desert menu and had to wait 20 minutes for it. They did say they were sorry about the delay as they were short staffed but it wasn't that busy.
Due to my sisters health we went up to our room at 9.45 as she needed to sleep but the people in the next room were having a party. At 1am I rang the reception and complained and again they said sorry and they would sent someone up to talk to them but they didn't.
Oh and the free wifi didn't work and if you are a smoker like me bring an ashtray to take outside with you. So if like me you don't like throwing your buts on the ground more ashtrays would be nice.

Good points - lovely location and rooms. The staff on arrival were very helpful and the spa and spa staff were amazing. The breakfast was really good and there was now shortage of staff to look after us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear "Lyn G"

Thank you for staying with recently here at Lough Erne, and please accept my apologies that The Loughside did not meet your expectations in terms of the service delivery. It can be annoying when adjacent guests cause disturbance, but once we were made aware of this, we it should have been resolved.

I have passed on your comments on to the Orla and the Therapists in the Spa, it really is a magnificent facility, and I am delighted that you got to avail of it.

Your comments regarding the presence of ashtrays are noted, and actioned.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

There are newer reviews for Lough Erne Resort

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We travelled here as part of a recent wedding party. It is a beautiful location. We stayed in one of the lodges though only used the bedroom - the kitchen/living room was wasted on us! The staff were all very helpful, the food was very good and notably so for a wedding. We will go back though I'd be a touch concerned it seemed on the strong end of " pricey"!

Stayed: March 2012

Dear "DublinFjk"

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us, particularly with regard to the quality of the food being offered at the wedding. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the Chef and his Brigade.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

From the greeting we received upon arrival until the morning of our departure, the staff at Lough Erne could not do enough for us! The lodge is beautiful with it's fireplaces, warm and cozy corners to enjoy a drink and inviting guest rooms. The staff is always offering to help with directions and even helped me with my iPad so that I could enjoy the FREE wifi they offer. My husband said the golf was second to none. The food and beverage service was outstanding. We were there for St. Patrick's Day and asked for a pub recommendation in Enniskillen and their suggestion was excellent! We cannot wait to return to Lough Erne!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear "fscotty"

Thank you for your very kind words, and I am delighted that both you and your husband enjoyed your visit to us here at Lough Erne.

Little things make the difference, and owning an IPad myself, I know how important it would have been to get it working and access the Wi-Fi, so I am delighted that we were able to make that happen. I too love the Lodges for the different opportunity that they offer, they are a unique accommodation option.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to having you back with us again at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I would firstly likely to comment on the setting of the Lough Erne Resort, it is a beautiful, serine country escape and would highly recommend it to all my friends. As for the staff within the Lough Erne at a family wedding, they were so helpful and attentive attending to our every need. They are a credit to your establishment, when required I asked to speak to the person in charge and was greeted by a friendly, wecloming man named Mike, he was more than helpful and it was a pleasure dealing with him. Thanks to everyone for making the wedding a success.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear "MaryB186474"

Mike is an incredible asset to us here at Lough Erne, and between him and Noel the Head Chef they do a great job at ensuring that our weddings are the success they should be.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed the day, and I am delighted that the wedding was such a success.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

A delightful blend of cosy fires with a strong flavour of Irish hospitality combined with stunning views in the spring sunshine. I particularly recommend staying in a Lodge for the perfect setting for peace and tranquility (with a touch of luxury) My compliments to the Staff and management A thoroughly excellent experience!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear "lena b"

I am delighted that felt "relaxed and rejuvenated" after your stay with us here at Lough Erne, for it means that we did our jobs.

The Lodges are really ideal for this, and the blend of the individuality of the Lodge on the door step of the hotel gives the best of both worlds.

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your visit.

Kind regards

Ferghal Purcell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
9.0 km away
Mahon's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Irvinestown
24.0 km away
Knockninny Country House & Marina

Been to Lough Erne Resort? Share your experiences!