I have just returned from a saturday night stay and I was really looking forward to a nice relaxing stay. I went with my sister for a spa break as my sister has fibromialgia and we thought it would be a restful break for her.
Bad points - we ate in the Loughside as the Catalina was really busy and we actually prefered the look of the menu. I was half way though my meal and couldn't get the attetion of a waiter to get another drink. We asked for a desert menu and had to wait 20 minutes for it. They did say they were sorry about the delay as they were short staffed but it wasn't that busy.
Due to my sisters health we went up to our room at 9.45 as she needed to sleep but the people in the next room were having a party. At 1am I rang the reception and complained and again they said sorry and they would sent someone up to talk to them but they didn't.
Oh and the free wifi didn't work and if you are a smoker like me bring an ashtray to take outside with you. So if like me you don't like throwing your buts on the ground more ashtrays would be nice.
Good points - lovely location and rooms. The staff on arrival were very helpful and the spa and spa staff were amazing. The breakfast was really good and there was now shortage of staff to look after us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, County Fermanagh