1,905 results
All reviews catalina restaurant golf course blaney bar thai spa lough erne afternoon tea bedroom lodge noel mcmeel five star hotel round of golf the main hotel beautiful hotel golf club castle hume star experience sauna and steam room fine dining
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Just returned from a 2 night break in one of the lodges- they are so spacious & luxurious- perfect for a family! The staff were all so friendly & attentive- we had a beautiful meal in the restaurant & were particularly impressed with our service- Patrick & Clare were looking after us. The food was 1st class - kids especially loved the buffet breakfast!! Swimming pool was brilliant & golf course & driving range on site meant there was lots to do! A real treat for all the family- we will definitely be back!!

Room tip: 2 & 3 bedroom lodges perfect for a family
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear "DianeM"

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us in The Lodges. There is no doubt that the independence of the Lodges are ideal for families, never mind the fact that the kids enjoy the great choice of the breakfast buffets, all in all making for that less stressful stay.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back at some stage in the future, where you can be assured of our personal attention.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have just returned from a two night break with my wife and I highly recommend this hotel.

Firstly the welcome that we were given was very warm and friendly and this sadly isn't always the case in 5 star hotels.

Hotel check in and was quick and easy and we were shown personally to our room.

Room- very big and luxurious. The room was clean, warm and very comfortable and the bed was fab. Our room had a beautiful free standing bath and separate shower. Really beautiful!

Food- we had one evening meal at Blaney's Bar and two breakfasts which were served at the Catalina restaurant. The food was superb on all occasions, the service was quick, friendly and efficient. My wife is coeliac and this was no problem as gluten free options were available including gluten free toast every morning.
The breakfast buffet was varied and of good quality and a cooked breakfast of various types are also available. I had pancakes and french toast which were awesome.

Spa- we both had a spa treatment during the stay and again this was just excellent and one of the nicest massages I have ever had. The spa itself is beautiful with a nice room to relax in beforehand and another one with lovely views of the lough to relax in after the treatments. The spa also has it's own sauna and steam room.

The hotel itself is really beautiful and the grounds are great for a walk and obviously there is the golf course.

Lough Erne resort certainly exceeded our expectations, it's a real credit to Northern Ireland.
We certainly will be back here again!

Dear "Pablo 256"

Thank you for your very kind words, and we are exceptionally proud that you felt that we are a credit to Northern Ireland.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience the full amenities of the resort, not least the pancakes, which I must admit are a favourite of mine. Being in a position to cater for your wife's dieterary needs was a small pleasure, and I am sure added to the enjoyment of her stay. I have passed on your kind words to the Ladies in The Spa,

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stayed for just one night (sadly), 12/2/12, third time staying here and still fabulous. Beautiful hotel, relaxing spa facilities, wonderful friendly and welcoming staff encountered from beginning to end. Couldn't fault it.

Room tip: ask for a lough view room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Dear "doc30CountyDown"

Thank you for your continued support and I am delighted that you once again enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Please do not ever hesitate to contact me personally if there is ever anything that I can do to make your stay that bit more enjoyable.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed here with my husband and 3 children in one of lodges.This was absolutely brilliant for my kids as the two bedrooms meant we weren't all crowded in one small hotel room. The kids loved pool.
Setting of hotel is beautiful . Food was lovely although there was an automatic service added to everything.
Hotel should market more to families as I am sure many others would appreciate the benefits of a hotel but the space the lodges provide.

Date of stay: January 2012

Dear "Urs77"

You are quite right when you say we should market more to the families, for it is only recently that we have realized how much families like your own have enjoyed themselves here in the Lodges.

The independence of the bedrooms, combined with what I think the kids like most, the swimming pool and the buffet breakfast are ideal ingredients for an enjoyable stay, especially from a parents point of view.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back again at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

No doubt about it the Lough Erne Resort is a special place to stay. Can fault nothing with this hotel you are treated so well by very professionally trained shotel staff. Upon my arrival I was warmly greated by the hotel manager at reception, offered a free upgrade and nothing was ever too much trouble. People who have given this hotel negative feedback must have stayed at some truely amazing hotels to knock this place!

Date of stay: December 2011

Dear "Babs87"

Its Ferghal here the General Manager, thank you for your very kind words, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us.

It is amazing how little things that invariably cost nothing can set you apart, and I am delighted that our small efforts were so graciously received and enjoyed.

If ever the opportunity should arise to return, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.