1,824 results
All reviewscatalina restaurantgolf courseblaney barthai spalough erneafternoon teabedroom lodgenoel mcmeelstar hotelcourtyard roomfive starround of golfthe main hotelgolf clubbeautiful hotelsauna and steam roomstar service
Reviewed 12 December 2011

From the moment we arrived we weremade to feel welcome ,very friendly staff and luxurious srroundings.
We stayed n a 2 bedroom ldge and I would def stay again.

Room Tip: def ask for lodge 19
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Dear Lurganman

I am delighted that you got the opportunity to relax with us here at Lough Erne. In this crazy world in which we now live in, we rarely take the time to relax, so I am delighted that we were able to give you the opportunity to do so.

Thank you for staying with us, and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lough Erne at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

We loved this hotel. Clean fresh and very friendly. Beautiful walks, clean pool and a fabulous spa. As a treat I booked for my child the special thai spa for children, boys and girls love it. Very relaxing.We will be back.
Welcoming staff, with umbrella always on hand with directions and assistance.
We found food highly over priced only down side.

Room Tip: shop around for price
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear IrelandFailte

I am delighted that your child enjoyed the Thai Spa treatments so much, you might have just created one of our return guests for years to come. Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review, and please be assured that I do take on board your comments regarding the pricing of the food. I will be undertaking a full review of all our offerings in the New Year.

Thank you for staying with us, and I do hope that we have the opportunity of having you stay with us again at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

This was our second visit to Lough Erne and hopefully not the last. Rory McElroy says its a great place to stay, he is right. I could repeat all the accolades of wonderful friendly staff, magnificent restaurant and food, the relaxing bar and the attentive staff but I will tell you about something small and but wonderful. The bathroom towels !, big whiter than white, and like balls of fluff. I have never had such magnificent towels anywhere, even in Turkey where they make them. Definately an experience to savour. Thank you for a wonderful luxurious visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear GrandslamPat

Thank you for your very kind words which you posted regarding your recent stay with us here at Lough Erne. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food & the friendliness of the staff and indeed your stay overall.

It is amazing however, how little things make the difference, and I am delighted that the bath towels were so luxurious, and made the stay just that little bit more special.

Thank you for staying with us, and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to us at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed here in September 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The rooms were wonderful (although hot--a problem we fixed with the addiiton of a small room fan courtesy of front desk and housekeeping), bedding was sublime, the spa was relaxing and fun. However, the golf was over-the-top. Beautiful golf course winding through the hills and lough. Challenging but fun!

Bar was great place to end the day before dinner--and the bar staff were very professional. Even had a sampling of Irish adult beverages--excellent (but not better than Kentucky Bourbon).

Understood the hotel is/was in administration but you wouldn't know based on the kindness and helpfulness of staff--they were as good as it comes!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Dear "Avalon51"

Thank you for your very kind words, and indeed the time taken to post these.

We are exceptionally proud of the Faldo golf course, particularly with it being so young, and I am delighted that you had the opportunity to play, and more so that you enjoyed it so much. Equally, the time spent in the bar is as important, where you can reflect on the shots played, and I will be delighted to pass your words onto all the staff there.

However, I am not sure that "Arthur" would agree that his product comes second to Kentucky Bourbon.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again one day to Lough Erne, and thank you for staying with us.

With kind regards

Reviewed 28 November 2011

2nd time to go to the Lough Erne hotel and this time it was for pleasure rather than business. The standard of accommodation is really very good and dinner that evening was just superb from start to finish. I have stayed and eaten in many 5 star hotels and while the surroundings are normally up to scratch the food generally is not. Not in this hotel, the food is excellent and would rival any top end city restaurant. Well done Lough Erne for investing in such a good chef and kitchen team overall.Thoroughly enjoyed the full experience so much so that we will return again this weekend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CelineBelfast

Dear "CelineBelfast"

Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review regarding your recent stay with us here at Lough Erne Resort.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience the Resort for pleasure as opposed to business, and you enjoyed everything, in particular the food. I have passed your comments to the Chef and his brigade in the kitchen.

Thank you for staying with us, and I do hope to meet with you at some stage during your return trip.

With kind regards