“A little gem!”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Northern Ireland
“A little gem!”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Stayed here for one night with my elderly mother and young son and had a great time.
We had the family room which had two lovely double beds, a TV and a huge, well equipped en-suite bathroom. We arrived after a long day's driving and shopping and were greeted by the very courteous and friendly owner and we were able to book a table at the restaurant for that evening. Before dinner we took a short walk around the marina and took in the "wishing well"! The views are superb and the area is really picturesque. Dinner was a real treat - the food was lovely and the chef made our little one some 'off the menu' sausages and chips!
We had a great night's sleep and a wonderful cooked breakfast the next day.
Our only (small) complaint would be that the lift wasn't working and we were on the second floor. It didn't bother us much but may be difficult for some one with mobility problems. This is only a minor point - it's a great place and the welcome is fantastic!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank angemorange

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I would highly recommend Knockninny for a trip! On arrival myself and my boyfriend were greeted by Gail (one of the owners), who we found to be really friendly, helpful and we immediately felt at home. The building itself is quaint, very clean and full of character. All the staff went out of their way to help and put us at ease. The bedroom we had was lake-view and finished to a high standard, full of little individual personal touches.....and the bathroom..!!!.....spotless and luxurious! Later in out stay we met Marshall who couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. All in all a wonderful place to stay for a romantic break/relaxing time away and we will be back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 186470Anna
Belfast,N.ireland
Reviewed 3 August 2010

The hotel was lovely inside and out , the view terriffic and the owners weloming and friendly.
We had a great few days there and woudl have no hesitation in recommending it and wil definately stay there again when next staying in the area.
The rooms are bigger than yuo woueld expect for the size of the building , the lighting is subdued giving the place a nice cosy feeling.
Great place and great hosts and Connie the local friendly dog was delightful too.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mikrik
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I was very disappointed with the customer service at this facility. I inquired about having my wedding there, and one of the owners, Gail, responded to me rather rudely. Rather than extending information to me in a courteous manner in regards to the local legalities of marriage (I am a foreigner,) she told me that "unfortunately, your getting married is not that simple." Every other place I have inquired at has been overly courteous, offering me discounts and packages, along with the courtesy of helping me arrange photographers and such. I find it rather disappointing that such a pretty place would ruin itself by not going out of their way to be civil to potential customers who would be spending a great deal of money there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank amelkonian
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Myself and my wife booked in to stay for a weekend and i must say that we had the time of our lives.
The views were outstanding from the bar, restaurant and our bedroom,although i am sure not all rooms would have the benefit of looking over the beautiful lawns and lake.
On our first night we enjoyed a fantastic meal in the restaurant which was reasonably priced considering the class of food served and ample sized portions and relaxed whilst watching the sunset over the lake from the patio.
Our room was quite big with a large ensuite,tea/coffee,tv and the most comfortable sleigh bed,along with the panoramic 'vista'.Most importantly everything was spotlessly clean!
Breakfast was eaten in the restaurant again but this time we watched as the marina(which is at the end of the lawn) came to life with boats of every size coming in or leaving.
On the second night we again ate in the restaurant and drank a bottle or wine or 2 or maybe it was 3! I had a 'ribeye' steak and my wife had monkfish with a pernod cream sauce and i must say that i have eaten in many places all around the world but i have never enjoyed a meal as much for as little money.

The food,the location,the ambience and the ultra friendly staff and management all made it for us.
Will definitely be back again,.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank itchyfeet074
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
24.0 km away
10.9 km away
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
24.1 km away
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort

Been to Knockninny Country House & Marina? Share your experiences!