All reviews huge portions bit off the beaten track lamb shank sunday lunch sat nav pub food main meal chef's specials bit out of the way excellent shower lovely hotel plenty of parking visiting family piping hot few drinks full english lots of choice
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, very clean and comfortable, and staff are very friendly. The photos you’ll find on the internet do not do this hotel justice, as it’s recently had a refurbishment and the rooms are very clean and modern, and the bathrooms are wonderful. The huge walk-in showers are great!

A few others have mentioned about the sat nav taking you to a new housing estate, which is easily done, but it’s not too far to get to the other side of the A1 where the hotel is situated. The hotel has been there a lot longer than the housing estate, so not the hotels fault.

Food in the restaurant was nice and a good choice. Great breakfast too, would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Nice hotel, had weekend break and enjoyed our stay, room nice and clean, staff friendly, food good (although Sunday breakfast wasn't as nice as Saturdays)had room at end of corridor with A1 just probably metres away but with window closed over noise wasn't to bad, would definitely do a re visit later on in year.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Was looking for somewhere to stay as I drove up from near London to visit Beamish Open Air Museum. The total bill for my stay was little over £100, which included my comfortable, good sized, ensuite, double room, with excellent Wi-Fi; my lovely hot, well cooked and filling evening meal, including three soda waters; my equally filling, well cooked and hit breakfast; AND my ticket into Beamish, which was a 15 minute drive away. Lived up to the other reviews which it received on here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We attended a wedding nearby and decided to leave the car there so we booked through booking .com a room at the Bowes Incline, and I must say we were very pleasantly surprised room was a good size, clean, quiet and very comfy bed, had a lovely bath in the morning then a fantastic full breakfast and polite staff very helpful, what more do you want ! we have paid a lot more and received a lot less in some Hotels, so thanks Bowes Incline ! would definitely recommend

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalPix
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve stopped here many times for business and with my wife for a week. The rooms have recently been decorated and are lovely. The location is quiet and peaceful but is a bit off the beaten track. The food is fantastic and the choice on the menu is brilliant. The mussels are to die for. Highly recommend for a peaceful night after a good feed. The staff have been brilliant and always willing to help. 5 stars from me. Keep up the good work to all the staff.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family