Lowest prices for your stay
US$95
HiltonUS$95
PricelineUS$95
StayForLongUS$103
3,718 results
All reviews the executive lounge tyne bridge the river swing bridge mini bar a river view room fantastic views city centre lovely hotel leisure facilities car park lots of choice jeanette newcastle honors nibbles quayside
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

Obviously many hotels are suffering because of Covid. This Hilton had the balance of precautions about right although we did have to remind them to service our room (room servicing on request only at Hiltons now).

There could have been more choices at breakfast but given the reduced occupancy, fair enough.

Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

Having stayed here on numerous occasions this last stay with my wife and kids was super as i have come to expect from hilton gateshead, with upgrades to the executive rooms and warm hospitality from the reception staff, superb table served breakfast, i once again thank you for a lovely stay, we will be back again

1  Thank 303graemet
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

Great hotel with some really lovely staff, arrived early but parked car in on site covered park (£14.00 for 24 hours), and did the electronic check in in the App which gave me an electronic key on my phone, this saved lots of time as at 3pm I received a notification to my honours App that my room was ready and my phone was now my key... no need to visit reception.

The room was great, overlooking the Tyne Bridge, spacious and very clean, only fault was a little broken glass on the floor (hidden under bed) from a previous occupant which must have been missed by the great house keeping, other than that the room really was spotless and had been cleaned thoroughly, large screen TV, kettle, tea and coffee, armchair, well equipped bathroom with bath and shower.

Because of COVID-19 things were a little strange, breakfast wasn't as pleasant as usual, however the food and choice was wonderful.

Location wise this hotel is great, a 10 minute walk from the lovely Quayside and its many bars.

Its obvious that the hotel staff are taking COVID-19 very serious and doing everything they can to make your stay as 'normal as possible, however I can't wait to return after all this is over and enjoy this great hotel without any face mask or restrictions.

Thanks for a wonderful stay.

1  Thank Calan-uk
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

As a Hilton Gold member, when we stay away, we always use Hilton properties. It’s been over a decade since I have been to this hotel but my wife I had a great stay.

Hotel felt very safe. All staff had masks on. Exec lounge wasn’t in use but upgraded to a lovely river view room.

Parked at the hotel and car park very safe and secure.

Room was great. Felt very safe and was cleaned very well. Breakfast in the morning was well organised and very tasty.

Thank you.

2  Thank AndrewJames2710
Reviewed 6 September 2020

I'd parked my car at an a reasonably priced car park in the city centre so when I arrived at the hotel I was told by the concierge that parking was free, I was then surprised to be charged £14 on my card when I was checking out as this wasn't mentioned anywhere on the booking. I should've left my car where it was!
Besides this I'd already paid a premium rate for my room at the last minute, another £35 for a pet supplement and then more money on their bar, so Hilton didn't do too badly out of me in the space of 12 hours.
It took an hour to check-in as well - I arrived at 8pm but never got the key to my room until gone 9pm because there was no one on reception except one lady who was dealing with no end of customer complaints, not a good sign.
The room itself was nice and comfy - the bed is definitely a double bed which is surprising when you pay a premium rate.
The room service was brilliant - it did take an hour to arrive but I've never stayed anywhere where it doesn't take that long. I did ask them to provide some meat for the dog but they claimed they needed to charge me £11 for this.
Considering they were running at half capacity it would've also been nice to have a view of the quayside, nevermind.

1  Thank Becca C