Hotels.com
Trip.com
Travelocity
eDreams
1,952 results
All reviews millennium bridge wet room car park king room minute walk city centre stag hen parties good size per night the river would stay again one night stay friday night booked this hotel bars and restaurants tea and coffee member of staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2020 via mobile

Liked · Clean, modern, friendly staff, COVID friendly, good breakfast,15 minutes walk to Tyne bridge.
Disliked · Having to pay for car park as a guest
Been many times to the city, first time for the wife and she loved it.
Spend the evening around the Quayside, plenty of pubs, but had to book for meals, except at the Wetherspoons Quayside, very accommodating. Plenty of social distancing in place, we both felt save.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank brumies
Reviewed 6 August 2020

Location is OK, a ~15 minute walk to Newcastle over the millennium bridge.
You can only open the rooms window a few inches and the closeness of the window lintel means the gap is only about one inch. Very stuffy and hot at night.
The shower and the room were both good apart from the window issue. The hotel management said the windows are like that for safety, what rot.
The hotels wi-fi was poor and insecure. I don't want to have photo's of Encore hotels constantly, more rot. Reception staff and Breakfast staff were excellent, maybe the dining staff were over worked.
Having waited over 20 minutes for my pint that never arrived I cancelled it but they still charged it to my room. The steak was poor, the toughest that I can remember.
I was working in Gateshead less than a mile away, next time I will pick a better hotel even if it is further from my work.

Room tip: Go somewhere else unless you want to boil in bed at night
Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2020

Last time I visited the hotel there was a list of issues which were communicated to the management however I am pleased to say that my stay this time round was perfect! The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, the room was clean and spacious, and their Covid procedures are great and working perfectly.

1  Thank ryanbK5667SS
Reviewed 25 July 2020 via mobile

So we booked for a night on the Toon, and chose this hotel as it was pet friendly and we always take our pooch everywhere. I booked directly as the offered an excellent rate. The lady Danielle who took our booking was also there on arrival. They really did make us and the poich feel welcome which doesnt happen a lot in chain hotels. The bed was huge and comfy and the hotel a very short walk to the Milenium bridge and easy walking distance into the centre, no need for taxi's (unless your wearing heals)
We will definately return here. Thanks Danielle and the rest of the staff - all extremely friendly .. we will definately be back to stay here when we visit again !!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2020

Another stop over hotel.

This hotel is amazing, the staff are friendly, accommodating and nothing is too much trouble.

The room was large and spotlessly clean and at only £49 good value.

We would definitely stay here again.