All reviews stable block sunday lunch wedding reception piping hot visiting beamish night porter would recommend this hotel to anyone full english plenty of parking bar and restaurant good nights sleep car park metro centre stables carvery newcastle
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed recently to celebrate a birthday when we arrived we were greeted by 3 ladies at a really small reception and we had our card pre-authorised just to open the account up if we wanted to pay by card on the evening ended up we paid cash for our meal , anyway before that we were given a huge key fobbed key about the size of a brick length and went to our room which over looked a back builders yard the room was big but the bed was rock solid. The breakfast was nice apart from the bacon it was tough ,so going to check out we told the reception the money had already come out of our account we even showed them this but they insisted it was still pre-authourised so I gave them my card again to make payment and then we left, couple of days later when I got in to my account there was money missing so I rang the bank and they informed me it was this hotel taking another payment out for our stay. So not only do they lie to you point blank they want to take more money , I managed to get my money refunded to my account because the bank made a dispute against them. Never again

1  Thank dubmire
AngelViewInn, Manager at Angel View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

It is standard procedure in any hotel to take a pre authorisation on check in, This will always show as a pending transaction until you check out and a completion is processed. We have had no banking disputes in 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Stayed one night on our way up North East Coast.
Very pleased to have found it. Large room, clean with full facilities.
Booked a room with a view of the Angel - darn- the trees had grown up! But got a glimpse of the wing and it’s only a short distance away so was able to get great pictures.
The bar and restaurant offered large amount of choices.Great value for money.
Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel sign is a little small to spot & we missed the entrance. We had to travel about a mile in the wrong direction before we could turn around. Following a fast check in, we were given a warm welcome. There was a great view of the angel of the north from the car park & there's also a grassed area with benches on site. The room was clean, tidy & comfortable. The walls were a little thin, you could hear the neighbours. There were 14 of us in our party & we ate in the restaurant. We were all served promptly & there was a choice to suit every palate. The food arrived in good time & was piping hot & delicious. There were 12 adults & 2 children & the bill came to just over £200 which didn't include drinks but we all thought was very reasonable. I slept very well & the bed was comfortable. The shower was over a bath which you had to step into. The sides of the bath was quite high & less abled people may struggle as there's no slip mat or grab rail. Overall a pleasant stay.

1  Thank Scunnybunny29
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Our room was spacious and very clean. The shower was amazing!!! All of the staff were helpful and friendly. The food was excellent and generous portions. Views of the angel of the north and a five minute walk. We will definatley be back.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I was recommended this place by a work colleague and stayed this week rather than stay in the city centre. Lovely lady on reception checked me in with no problems and I was given a room on the top floor. Nice sized room with nice comfy bed and a great powerful shower. Room was a little tired but very clean. Food in the restaurant was excellent. Nice and quiet during the night so enjoyed a good nights sleep. All the staff really go out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one. Will be back again soon.

Date of stay: August 2018