“Good stay”

Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Was only here for 1 night and had a good stay. Welcoming reception staff, good warm room and not far from some good restaurants. The breakfast was good and overall the stay was enjoyable. Will return when next in Great Yarmouth to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed here on a 2 night special deal not knowing what to expect. Room was very clean and comfy, also quite spacious as was bathroom. Was freezing cold when we stayed here so didn't venture out in the evening. Drinks in the bar were reasonably priced for a hotel. Was also impressed with restaurant 'Below Decks' in the basement. Had excellent meals both nights. Would recommend. Great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fl0g0_9
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My son and I stayed for 2 nights, we did feel at ease, staff most welcoming, beach on the doorstep overall had a relaxing and wonderful time, thank you all

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 5 February 2012

went on 04/02/12 saturday night as a birthday treat and went to the dog racing at the nearby stadium. staff were super friendly and very knowledgable about the area. comfy room and very clean. well priced and a really good bar. will def stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nickjus38
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have stayed here many times and have been relatively happy. However on the last couple of occasions I have been very unhappy with the attitude of some of the staff. In perticuler the head receptionist, who I now understand as left the hotel. I did complain to the owners of the Hotal about the issues that I had. I received no reply. However i was on business in the area and the hotel was convenient so I decided to give the place another chance. I stayed with my wife on 1st February, I was so glad I did. What a change it was a compleatly different hotel and experiance. The Young lady on reception on our arrival was so helpful and welcoming. We were given room 209 overlooking the rear garden. Although not large it was very comfortable and warm on what proved to be a very cold night. We dinned in The below Decks restaurant, although we could have eaten in the bar, which offered a good range of bar food. The food in the restaurant was excellent, we even asked for garlic bread that was not shown on the menue. The very pleasant waitress said she would ask the chef. She returned and with a lovely smile announced that the chef would do some for us. This was not the normal garlic bread that comes out of a packet, but made to our order. The young waitress was a deliteful helpful member of staff. Breakfast was again very good and although you help yourself the food was well cooked and presented. The service once again was very good, dirty plates removed as soon as they were empty. On checking out the receptionist had obviously changed, but again another pleasant member of staff dealt with our departure with a warm smile which made you feel you wanted to stay longer. What a change this hotel as gone through. I travel a lot and am involved with the industry myself, so I feel I speak with some authority. This was the best overal experience I have had at a hotel for quite a while. All this and value for money to. Sorry the management did not reply when I wrote to complain about my past visit, but as you can see I am also quick to write a letter when things are positive keep up the good work.
Dennis L Peel FBII The Mill Inn, Aldeburgh, Suffolk