All reviews one way system hotel garage reception staff street parking an italian restaurant secure parking large bedroom central location cooked breakfast town centre superior room breakfast was excellent full english trouser press night porter car park comfortable bed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for one Saturday night here great looking hotel but very tired, our room was near main street - lots of noise from main street until the early hours. our sink had a crack in it - cobwebs from bedside light to curtains - the whole room smelt damp and was very uninviting. Breakfast was poo. Plus points central location and staff all very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
WhiteSwan1858, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest, I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us.Housekeeping have been informed about the issues you have raised and the maintenance guy has also been informed of the issues. As we pride ourselves on our breakfast and this is something which always gets highly praised, I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience. I am pleased you found the location of use and the staff to be friendly. If you wish to discuss the issues you had further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for one night with my husband in a suite. Beautifully clean, large - the bathroom was massive! No veiw in the room, but it wasn't a problem for us. Nice and quiet at night as well. Breakfast was very good. The hall stairs and landing could maybe do with being updating but it was absolutely fine. Staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to help us. Happy to recommend, hope to stay again!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for such a lovely 5* review. As we pride ourselves on our customer service I am pleased on this occasion we did not disappoint. It's great to hear you found he rooms to be clean and spacious. We are grateful for the recommendation and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Faultless service with Julio restaurant on the premises. Parking free from 6pm to 8am - watch out for the Parking Warden ready to give you a ticket at 8.01 am. There are good quality restaurants within a few minutes walk.

Room Tip: Discounts available on superior rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely 5* review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Over the last 9 months we have stayed numerous times, sometime for over a month, while restoring a water damaged house.

I can't praise these guys enough. We arrived as strangers but are leaving as friends.

They have accomodated us massively and couldn't do enough to support us.

All the staff have been amazing and so understanding esp with the situation we were in. We were literally living and carrying around our 3 suitcases!

Massive shouts out to Stacy, who deserves a medal for the help she has given us and Amanda who has had to deal with my strange breakfast requests. If any management read this please consider a couple of recognition awards.

Thanks again to the guys, I will be calling in to say hi when I town

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
WhiteSwan1858, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for leaving such a lovely 5* review. It was a pleasure to have you both staying with us. We hope you enjoy your house once you are back in. We look forward to seeing you again when you call in. I will pass on your kind words to the staff who will be delighted to hear your feedback.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Our stay itself was very nice staff couldn’t be more helpful until we had an issue! We left our car in their garage, they insisted on parking it for us, we offered due to it having a bike rack on but they said that was fine and not a problem. The next morning we were told the car had been parked at the front ready for us, we came out to find whoever had driven it had tried using the back wiper and got it jammed under the bike rack, it wouldn’t move or work! We showed the manager she said she would speak to the member of staff who drove it and call me the next day. No call came the next day I had to chase them up, I got a voicemail left later that day saying to no surprise of mine that the member of staff who drove it said they didn’t do it, well obviously they were going to say that otherwise they’d have confessed to it in the first place! Luckily we have sorted the issue with Toyota who this hotel could do with taking some customer service lessons off! If you do find yourself having to stay at this hotel DO NOT let them drive your car as when they damage it they deny all knowledge.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,I am sorry to hear you felt I was not helpful with your issue. I spoke with the nightporter, who had no need to put the rear windscreen wiper on as it was not raining and he was moving it less than 10 yards. All drivers are fully experienced and fully insured with driving all types of vehicles and have been doing this for several years. I tried to contact you to discuss it further, however I had to leave a voicemail as there was no answer. I am pleased to hear the problem has been resolved at no cost to yourselves. Thank you for your feedback.