US$171
The Imperial Crown Hotel(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$65
US$50
US$43
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

US$56
    Butchers Arms(Halifax)
    • Free Internet
    All reviewswardenstreammidgeswoodlandovergrownvalley
    Reviewed 4 June 2017

This was our first stay at Jerusalem Farm campsite but it won't be our last. The site is beautifully situated by a stream and surrounded by woodland, with walks for the kids or dog. Paul, the site warden is helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
    Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Visited with my girlfriend for two nights in April. This is a jewel of a site nestled in the peaceful and bucolic Luddenden valley, surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful countryside. We pitched right next to the stream (which served as a great makeshift wine and beer cooler), the warden was friendly and in general the site was nicely laid back. There's only one shower each in the male and female toilets, but as there was only one other tent this wasn't a problem. Toilets and showers are clean and modern.

The main downside is the lack of a drying room, or any heaters in the toilet/shower block. This wasn't a problem for us as it was a thankfully dry weekend, but I believe any decent British campsite should have provision for drying wet clothes. This is a very minor issue that makes this site just short of perfect.

I would encourage families and couples alike to give Jerusalem Farm a go - if you're lucky with the weather, the surrounding valley with its farms and hamlets is perfect for leisurely walks, and the small neighbouring wood is great to get lost in. It's easily accessible, being just a half hour bus ride from Halifax, and gave this backpacking couple a weekend to remember.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 10 September 2016

A lovely down to earth campsite free of cars (parking is available off the camp area) and caravans.

The site is well run, clean and quiet, although don't camp right next to the stream if you wake easily as you will hear the running water.

It's particularly pretty, placed at the bottom of a small valley with a forest across the stream.

Simple to access by public transport, regular buses from Sowerby Bridge drop you 15m walk from the site.

And we couldn't have asked for more friendly and helpful site manager - thanks Ted!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 8 September 2016

Had a great 4 night stay recently with our 2 young children (4+1). Apart from the short trek down the hill to the site ( no cars allowed - it's 100 metres downhill hill from car park to camping) everything was perfect. A well tended field, yet still feeling 'wild', a running stream with plenty of paddling opportunities, stepping stones, walks, a small play park, owls hooting and rabbits running....and the warden was extremely helpful, lending us nets for fishing and even entertaining my 2 children for 10 minutes whilst I packed away the tent. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
    Reviewed 22 August 2016

I've so many memories of 'Jerry Farm'. Around 40 years ago was my first visit (I grew up in the area). My last visit was 20 years ago, whilst courting my wife.

Whilst it is not what I would call a wild camping site (no fires, fire trays might be a good idea), it's a simple site and very much back to basics.

Bathroom block is fantastic. A hugh improvement on 20 years ago.

The brook needs some clearing. It is very overgrown. I remember it being more open. Saplings have been allowed to grow unhindered. It was very open when I was younger. Now it's quite dark with all the over growth.

Yes, ther were bugs about, but nowhere near the scale some have stated. Effective repellant. Just do your research. Avon 'Skin So Soft', no problem with midges (just use plenty).

My boy and I will be back. He loved it, especially the wildlife and hearing stories of what myself and my friends used to get up to.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family