Free cancellation until 27/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$57
US$54
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

US$80
US$53
Travelodge
    • Free Internet
    TripAdvisor
    All reviewsafternoon teacomplimentary glass of winesconeswedding guestscream teabeautiful hotelgardens are beautifulscallopsstuart roommullioned windowssplit level suiteopen fireold housenooks and crannieson arrivalyorkshire breakfastwedding venue
    Reviewed 8 April 2018

I booked a night at this hotel as a surprise for my husband's birthday as we were due to be in Halifax during the day. The weather was atrocious, but the cosy hotel more than made up for that! The communal areas are charming, and on a cold, snowy day (in April!) the open fires were very welcome. Our room (a split level suite) was very nice with a comfortable bed and clean bathroom (we had no issues with water pressure as I've seen on other reviews). It also had a kettle and Nespresso machine and TVs both in the bedroom and the little downstairs area.
    I have to say the highlight for me was the food. We had a 3 course dinner, all of which was delicious, and the breakfast was good too. Service was pleasant and friendly- it was very quiet during out stay with only two other tables in (and I think a small wedding elsewhere in the building).
    We enjoyed our drinks in the bar and there was a good choice of ales and a large gin selection.
    We got out to look at the lovely garden the following morning when the snow had turned to rain - I imagine it's lovely to sit out there with a drink in the summer.
    Overall, we enjoyed our stay and it was good value (I'd booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast offer). My only disappointment was that my husband's birthday was not acknowledged despite me having mentioned it a few times when booking (including me specifically mentioning it when ringing up to book a time for dinner) but that didn't detract from the stay.
    I would stay at this hotel again, and would definitely go back to the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank LBYork15
    HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear LBYork15, many thanks for choosing Holdsworth House and for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and are thrilled you had a great stay. We are sorry that your messages regarding your husband's birthday were not passed on; usually we are more than able and happy to arrange a treat for birthday guests.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We took a travel zoo deal weekend here. Two nights with dinner on the first night for £180. The dinner was excellent. The service was a little slow but we weren’t in a hurry so they didn’t matter. Our room was ok although the shower was not up to expectations. The breakfast was very good and the public rooms in the hotel were delightful. Well worth the travel zoo price but not sure I would pay more.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank 7GB1

Thank you 7GB1 for your feedback. We are pleased you had a good stay. The points you raised have been fed through to the management team.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The location is not the best I must say, but the house itself is beautiful, the room i had quite small but adequate. The breakfast was plentiful and good quality, I was tempted by black pudding (why not!) and loved it
    the staff were amazing

Room Tip: take time for a lazy breakfast
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear Simon C, thank you for visiting Holdsworth House and for your review of the hotel.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My Daughter Melanie took me this afternoon for afternoon tea and I must say it was absolutely lovely the Staff food and the Hotel was superb. I go out for afternoon Tea's with my friends and Husband and family a lot and this was the best one so far.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
    1  Thank cazzapetty1950

Thank you cazzapetty1950, that's wonderful to hear.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Still a great location to stay as it is quiet.

We stayed in a twin room number 20 this time and felt although it is a nice room could have been more space if there hadn't have been so much furniture/decor. There wasn't a wardrobe to hang clothes so ended up using the laundry cupboard. Tried to get a shower in the morning but no hot water! Some other customers complained said they didn't either and some said they did? It's one thing to look good another to actually be practical.

Staff at breakfast very jolly as always and happy to attend. Just a slight observation no covers/labels on the fresh food. Overall very good breakfast with lots of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly refurbished rooms to get hot water.
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you peppa111 for your feedback and for visiting Holdsworth House. We're very sorry about the hot water issue, which was reported to our maintenance team to investigate.

Some of our rooms' hanging space (also used to house the ironing board) is reduced due to the layout of the building/rooms, but every room does indeed have a hanging rail; some rooms have a traditional wardrobe. We hope that this didn't impact your stay too much and that you'll return to visit us again when we'd be happy to allocate you a different room.