“Surprisingly nice”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Midlands
“Surprisingly nice”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We won a 2 night break on e-bay & was not sure what to expect. Although the hotel corridors look a little tired, the rooms were ok. Rooms clean & ample coffee etc. lockers at leisure centre could do with updating as many didn't have keys but pool etc was fine.
The all-inclusive menu seemed a little basic but we have to say was cooked well & was tasty a with 3 courses there was plenty to eat.
Would go back again. Only downside is there is not much to do locally, so you need a car or train to London.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagerWD17, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you review and your comments. I will contact the Health Club Manager to action the availability of locker keys. I'm glad you had an enjoyable meal and we do hope you return soon.

Kieron Golding

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I am surprised at some of the negative comments, if your looking for somewhere to stay you will not go wrong at the Park inn. We found our room to be clean and tidy and must make reference to the excellent staff in particular Sarah Catling who made our stay even more enjoyable. I believe that this hotel is good value for money so much so we are returning next week with the entire family. Finally whilst staying here check out the wee leisure centre, again most enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
ManagerWD17, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Jeffb180

Thank you for taking your time to provide your very kind comments. I have passed your feedback onto my team and Sarah who was delighted!

On your return visit, please make yourself known to the team and I will endeavour to make myself available to thank you in person.

Winchester
Reviewed 20 April 2012

well i must admit that after reading all the below reviews I was slightly nervous of getting to the hotel. after a mini bumpy start with the bookings (we were booked in twice and had to have several long telephone calls and email.. even then it was wrong)once we got there we found all the staff to be kind, friendly and well attentive to all our needs. The room was fine and the bathroom a little dated. The place needs to have a good old heath and safety check as we had a lose wire on one of the light. But even with all this the staff were fantastic. The breakfast team were a real credit to the place and deserve a pay rise because the service was as good as you would get in a 5 star hotel!! The food was good. The hotel chain needs to give this hotel a little money to renovate the hotel and get it up to the standard the staff are currently working to!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
ManagerWD17, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Tracey E A,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your experiences from your recent visit to Park Inn, Harlow. I will sharing these with my team, which I'm sure they will take great pride from your comments regarding service.

As I only have limited information from trip advisor users I would ask if you could contact the hotel via the most convenient means as I would like to discuss in more detail the issues experienced with your initial booking and wiring.

As the new General Manager of Park Inn by Radisson, Harlow, your information would help me to investigate and enable us to eliminate issues and in doing so provide all our guests the best possible experience.

Again thank you, I look forward to hearing from you.

Grayshott, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Hats off to the general manager in responding to all the feedback in such a possitive manner. He, like the rest of the staff, must be praying for 2013 post refurbishment.
Check in was a delight. I haven't been greated with such a bubbly hello in a long time! Equally the young lads serving at dinner were enthusiastic and interactive, but a hotel is unfortuneately not judged on staff alone. Location isn't great but is easy to find and from the outside reminded me of an old school building. The corridors do have a strange odour and the rooms are in need of some tlc. Beds were comfortable and rooms surprisingly quiet given the proximity to the main road.

The menu was limited and was told by one waiter we could have a buffet and by another that it had finished (8pm) and nothing was left. That said, the quality of the food we received was really good and they made something specific for my colleague on request. Breakfast was pleasant although the layout was a little confusing. I would suggest some teaspoons on the tables or at least beside the yoghurts?

Overall a good value hotel that has the potential to be great in the future if the money is invested.
* note to hotel* Please could you make sure that they invest in some new pillows when you get your refurbishment!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife and I chose the Park Inn RBG (restaurant/bar/grill) for our Silver Wedding dinner because it was local, they are affiliated to the Gourmet Society, of which I'm a member, and we hadn't been before. We were very satisfied with our meal (a delicious calves liver/parsnip mash dish and an excellent sirloin steak followed by a tasty cheesecake). The menu is relaively small which reassured that the dishes were freshly prepared and of a good standard. I remarked that there was no cheeseboard on the menu and the waitress consulted with the chef who created a beautifully presented platter of brie and cheddar with grapes, stawberries and celery in less than five minutes. There's a good wine list and we had a very good Australian Merlot which was well priced at £17. It was a pleasant surprise to find that wines by the glass were typically priced proportionate to the bottle; so a 250 ml. glass cost a third of the full bottle price.
The dining room is bright and airy and contemporary and the service beyond reproach. We will be going again very soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
2.5 km away
6.3 km away
Manor Of Groves Hotel
Manor Of Groves Hotel
#1 of 1 in High Wych

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!