“Great food and a great experience”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Hinckley
Ranked #59 of 122 Restaurants in Hinckley
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Description: Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill Hinckley Island is a hidden gem located in the heart of Leicestershire. This Marco Pierre White restaurant takes pride in its iconic conservatory area. Perfect for injecting a bright atmosphere, whilst enjoying a gourmet lunch or evening dining experience. Ideal for group celebrations with family or friends, the space allows you to enjoy the beautiful surroundings whilst sipping on a choice of tantalising cocktails. The Steakhouse serves real food prepared well by using timeless dishes with British heart and French soul. Enjoy a selection of these dishes, from the classic Michael Bourdin's Kipper Patè to Marco's childhood favourite 1930's Knickerbocker Glory. Famous for being a steakhouse, all British steaks are sourced within a 50 mile radius of the restaurant making it the finest quality beef for guests to enjoy. With bespoke furniture and opulent interiors, you are sure to have a memorable experience.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We booked a table for three (including my mother in law) at Marco Pierre White's in Hinckley to celebrate my wife's promotion at work as we were looking for a special evening - and it didn't disappoint. Our first impression was of the relaxed atmosphere. Unlike most restaurants nowadays, the tables were well spaced out to give a friendly, unstressed environment.

For starters we went for dressed crab - succulent and moist - and potted duck. Both were very tasty and good sized portions. A good start to the evening.

The main course were superb. Fish pie for my mother in law was a large portion - much more than she could manage - while we shared a chateaubriand steak (they only serve this for two to share). We ordered it medium and it seemed a little more rare than we expected, but it was truly superb. Tender and tasty, served with a generous portion of fries and a peppercorn & brandy sauce. We really could not fault them at all.

For dessert we went for the Cambridge burnt cream and blueberry cheesecake. Again, large portions of great food.

The only possible area for criticism would be that service was a little slow at times - but this is being very picky. There were two large groups in that evening, which may have contributed, but this is not a restaurant for fast food anyway. We were not hurried in any way, and spent a happy and relaxed three hours over our meal.

It was certainly not cheap at around £45 each, but that did include our drinks. So was it worth the cost? Absolutely - and we will back!

Andrew M, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Hinckley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Greg D,

thank you so much for your five star review. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

2nd time here felt a lot better than previous visit.
Staff very friendly, although Manager seems a bit aloof!

Food has improved, although when you add extra's plus 10% service charge it can become an expensive visit. Ok for the occassional visit, too expensive for regular visits in my opinion.

Andrew M, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Hinckley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Nogthenog,

thank you for your review. I am encouraged that you think we have improved since your last visit.
Please contact me if you feel you want to regarding the aloofness as I like to think our senior team are all approachable, personable and engaged. If we can learn from your experience we will.
andrewmyers@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Stunning menu when read promising some exciting food.
The reality was something else. The steaks were stringy but first time I have ever seen Eggs Benedict seven on a whole muffin . Stodge in my opinion. The serving staff were very pleasant but the management must have been on holiday when I was there.

Dear B0ater1,

thank you for your review, however I am concerned and apologetic that we did not meet your expectations.
All our food is cooked to the MPW standards and I only wish I was working the evening in question so your problems could have been resolved. I have made the senior kitchen team aware or your concerns.
If you would like to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me at Andrew_myers@jursinns.com

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I came to try this restaurant as I got recommended to and I have to say the food was a amazing the staff are friendly and always walking around to make sure everyone is happy with everything. I would definitely recommend it is little expensive but you get what you pay for

Andrew M, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Hinckley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Adam R,

thank you so much for your five star review, I am delighted you both enjoyed your evening and we hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant and atmosphere
Amazing steak and a great choice
Service excellent
Very smart and was a nice relaxing evening

Dear Tashjones6060,
I am really pleased you enjoyed your experience here and thank you for your five star review.
We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Restaurant manager.