“Good Italian food”

Rossini
Ranked #14 of 122 Restaurants in Hinckley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rossini Ristorante offers traditional and contemporary Italian food in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The perfect Italian restaurant to enjoy relaxed, sophisticated surroundings with the taste of true Italian cuisine. Simply the best Italian restaurant in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Rossini's is a restaurant serving a variety of Italian cuisine the service is good but sometimes a little over zealous at busy times it felt like you were being rushed
The quality of the food was good and there was a good amount of food on the plates

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I booked Rossinis a few weeks before for a birthday meal attending with my partner and 2 other couples on a Saturday evening at 8.30pm. after waiting some time we were shown to a table upstairs. As the restaurant was very busy, the heat from so many people hit us as we got upstairs to be shown to our table which was situated right outside the gents toilet.The heat was stifling and spoilt the atmosphere. the waitress even admitted this and when we asked for the air con to be put on she said that it wasn't working.
My partners and my meals were disappointing (we both had the same), spaghetti la fruit de mare. it seemed as we were one of the last customers of the evening the fish had run out and I literally had 1 prawn on my plate along with a few bits of mussels and chopped up calamari. I asked for an accompanying green salad and got a bowl of soggy rocket covered in olive oil, and no green salad. it appeared we got the left overs at the end of the evening.
At the end of the evening we asked if we could move downstairs to the cooler dining room as the place had emptied out by then. the manager did buy us a round of drinks as an apology for the uncomfortableness upstairs.
All in all we spent nearly £100 per couple this evening and I was really disappointed with our first evening here at Rossinis since it changed venues. I went to Rossinis at the old venue and it was excellent. A real waste of money and a mediocre experience .it spoilt my birthday evening with friends as I really was expecting a personal nice experience. A bit of a let down.

1  Thank erski555
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful evening celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary with our family.delicious foods and excellent service. Rossini's a true italian gem in Hinckley ♡♡♡♡

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I had a three course meal with a combination of seafood platter, steaks and vegetables . I was very happy with the freshness and quality and the attention to detail of the staff. I would reccomend this restaurant any time!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Me and my sister visited her at lunchtime on Friday. We had my niece in her pushchair, she was asleep. We weren't really dressed up, just casual.

When we arrived, not one member of staff greeted us. We went to the bar, and asked where we can sit. The man, who I'm assuming is the manager / owner, walked us to a table of 4 that was tucked away in the corner. He pulled out a chair, which we assumed was for the pushchair to be pulled into. The table was not set, and because the restaurant was empty, we thought we would sit on a little table for 2 close by to my niece.

We sat down, and waited nearly 10 minutes before my sister had to flag down one of the two waitresses for a menu. Bear in mind, the restaurant had about 3 tables not including ourselves at this point.

We then had to wait nearly 20 minutes before again we had to flag someone down to come and take our order.

When she eventually came over to us, the manager / owner came over to us and said "I put you on the other table" referring to the table of 4 tucked away in the corner which wasn't even set. To this we apologised and said we didn't think they would mind as it isn't busy. He proceeded to say, and I quote "You can sit here, but if we get busy I will have to ask you to move" - obviously I was quite shocked by this. What sort of service is that?

Eventually we got our food - which hands down was the only decent part of our experience. It was nice food and good price.

Two elderly ladies came into the restaurant door. They were instantly greeted warmly, the owner / manager handed menus to them, asked them where they would like to sit and they were seated, with a drinks order placed there and then. The difference in service was astonishing.

Overall, the service really disappointed us. Honestly, we were made to feel like peasants. No other way to describe it. It felt like because we weren't well dressed, young women, with a child in a pushchair, and my sister wearing wellies, that we were not good enough to be eating in this restaurant. The manager / owner came across as rude, and that we were degraded. The waitresses, even though it took an unnecessary amount of time for us to be served, they were at least polite and helpful.

As we left, the owner / manager was near the door greeting some more customers - he could see us leaving but no communication was made whatsoever. We were going to be ignored until my sister said, in a sarcastic manner "Thank you for your service." To his surprise he said "ah lovely," and proceeded to act helpful and open the door for us. We told him we would be sure to leave a review. Obviously, to ensure the review was a good one, he thanked us for coming and acted like he had just given us the best experience of our lives.

Me and my sister have both worked within the hospitality industry for nearly 5 years. I don't care how expensive your restaurant is, or how posh it is, or what customers you're trying to attract. If I wanna eat there, and I'm paying the same price as everyone else, I expect the same service.

Overall, bad experience. Shame, because Italian is my favourite food. Won't be returning.

2  Thank Amy B
RossiniRistorante, Owner at Rossini, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Amy
We were very sad to read you had such a disappointing visit to our restaurant, this is something I take very seriously and will always try to resolve where there has been a failure in our usual high standards. I expect friendly and attentive service from my staff and chefs at all times.

First please let me apologise for the delay with our response, it has taken some time to gather and review the camera footage which we have now done.
In doing so, we can confirm the following:
Upon your arrival at 12:44pm, we had three tables in the early stages of ordering. Both of the waiting staff available at that time were in the process of taking orders.
We note it took 30 seconds before you were shown to a table by our duty manager.
After two and a half minutes, you opted to move to another table of your own choosing and at 12:48pm our waitress took your order for drinks. Following the delivery of drinks, the video shows your first orders for food being taken.
Therefore from first arrival to being seated followed by drink and food orders, the total time was no more than four minutes and twenty seconds.
Therefore I am very sorry but I am unable to agree with your comments about the lengths of time and although efficient and comfortable service is very high on our expectations, I feel the times for service revealed by the video playback were fare.
With that said, our staff have all agreed if anything can be done to improve further then of course we will.

We have discussed your points about what was said and how it was conveyed. I would like to absolutely assure you, because it is something very personal to me, that all of my staff at Rossini, myself included, have only the best intentions to our customers, no matter who they are, how they dress, or where they are from. We are often complimented on our energetic and hospitable manner. Having discussed this with the staff involved, I am assured and confident that any misunderstandings would have been quickly reconciled if you had brought them to our attention at the time.

I am glad to hear you were pleased with the food and that Italian is your favourite cuisine, but equally saddened to read that you do not feel you wish to return, we have many new and repeat customers from all walks of life, that receive our utmost of high standards in Italian food, friendly staff and relaxed surroundings.

Kind regards