13 Palace Road
Orcades Hostel(Kirkwall)
St. Ola Hotel(Kirkwall)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsst magnusgracious hostsbed and breakfasteach morningpeterbedroomorkneyharbour
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Peter and his family and very friendly and really make you welcome in this Bnb. The rooms are spotlessly clea and comfortable. The breakfasts are great - nothing is too much effort for the hosts to prepare. Great location - right in the centre of town with views over to the cathedral from some rooms.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Location right in the centre of town. Very comfortable twin bedded room with en-suite and all facilities on the first floor overlooking St. Magnus Cathedral. Warm welcome from our helpful hosts, Peter and Jemma, who went out of their way to make our stay memorable and a real home from home. Excellent breakfast menu, great food served at times to suit our requirements and most enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016

This was my third visit and as usual it was delightful. Three generations of this lovely family supplied us with beautiful food, all the home comforts and entertainment in the form of the two little boys.
Nothing was too much trouble. It is centrally placed and ideal for the town, the buses and the airport.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Kirkwall. We will return.
Maureen.

Room Tip: Room1 looks down the hill to the Cathedral. Catch the bus TO the airport opposite. Timed to flights and very cheap.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Jemma and Pete are wonderful hosts at this charming B&B. My room number 2 was spacious and very clean. Itbhadv2 single beds. There was an ensuite with sink, toilet and combination tub and shower. Breakfast is ordered the night before by leaving your request form on a table by the kitchen. You get a lovely hot meal as ordered at the time you requested.

I paid £40 per night in Sept of 2016.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed one night & on arriving at Kirkwall the weather was drizzling rain but on arrival at Peter's B&B I was made very welcome. My room was at the front of the house & of a high standard, the breakfast was top quality.

I did ask my company to be put back at Peter's in September but unfortunately they booked me into the Kirkwall Hotel, of which I have posted a review.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business