US$116
Kirkwall Hotel(Kirkwall)
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

US$71
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
Orcades Hostel(Kirkwall)
US$115
All reviewsst magnusgracious hostsbed and breakfasteach morningpeterbedroomorkneyharbour
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Visited this place again and again this year. Nothing has changed here. Service -superb, location - superb, quality-superb, value- superb.

Great B&B this. I think it's better than the hotels.

The owner always pleased to see you and answers to everything that may occur.

Great family run business.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Peter and his family could not have made us mire welcome, including entertainment from a Stanley and Riley in their Spiderman suits. The house is solid, warm and comfortable, the rooms clean, well furnished and equipped with a lovely variety of teas, coffee and biscuits. Peter served amazing breakfasts including fresh fruit, porridge, fried breakfasts etc, which set us up for the day out in the Orkney winds. We would certainly stay at No. 15 if we should visit Orkney again.

Room Tip: We had a double room with a separate bathroom, no problem as robes were provided and the bathroom was good with a lovely deep bath.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2015

13 Palace Road was a lovely, homey, B&B located almost directly across from the Cathedral of St. Magnus. Our room was large, airy, and beautifully-appointed. Breakfast was served by Peter McKinlay, the owner, who lives there with his family. The full breakfast was delicious, and Peter was very helpful about sightseeing and dining on Orkney.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JO ANN M
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights this month with Peter and his wife. I had a lovely twin room which was clean, prettily furnished & comfortable. There was wifi which I needed for work. The room was excellent value for money compared to local hotels.

The B&B is central to Kirkwall and is within short walking distance of a variety of restaurants for lunch and evening meals.

The breakfast was lovely and there was a nice selection of hot breakfast choices and cereals/yoghurt/fruit juice.

Peter was exceptionally helpful and even delivered my bag to my next accommodation when I moved on to my next accommodation (due to necessity not choice!). My next accommodation was twice the price and not as pleasant.

I'd highly recommend this accommodation.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Very friendly and comfortable B&B. I was very impressed by the big and well equipped rooms. The breakfast was good and with a lot of choice. My cousin and I are big coffe drinkers the coffee was good and a second pot was provided with no difficulty. On the last day a full cooked breakfast was provided at 6.15 although we had sai it was not necessary as we felt our early departure to catch the ferry was a little unfair on the hosts to provide breakfast. I would certainly stay there again

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family