All reviewsst magnusgracious hostsbed and breakfasteach morningpeterbedroomorkneyharbour
Reviewed 19 August 2015

13 Palace Road was a lovely, homey, B&B located almost directly across from the Cathedral of St. Magnus. Our room was large, airy, and beautifully-appointed. Breakfast was served by Peter McKinlay, the owner, who lives there with his family. The full breakfast was delicious, and Peter was very helpful about sightseeing and dining on Orkney.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JO ANN M
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights this month with Peter and his wife. I had a lovely twin room which was clean, prettily furnished & comfortable. There was wifi which I needed for work. The room was excellent value for money compared to local hotels.

The B&B is central to Kirkwall and is within short walking distance of a variety of restaurants for lunch and evening meals.

The breakfast was lovely and there was a nice selection of hot breakfast choices and cereals/yoghurt/fruit juice.

Peter was exceptionally helpful and even delivered my bag to my next accommodation when I moved on to my next accommodation (due to necessity not choice!). My next accommodation was twice the price and not as pleasant.

I'd highly recommend this accommodation.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Very friendly and comfortable B&B. I was very impressed by the big and well equipped rooms. The breakfast was good and with a lot of choice. My cousin and I are big coffe drinkers the coffee was good and a second pot was provided with no difficulty. On the last day a full cooked breakfast was provided at 6.15 although we had sai it was not necessary as we felt our early departure to catch the ferry was a little unfair on the hosts to provide breakfast. I would certainly stay there again

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2015

I arrived with 5 friends at the end of a cycle tour of NW Scotland and Orkney. We were wet and cold and arrived early. Fortunately we were able to get into our rooms straight away. Lovely comfortable big rooms and an excellent breakfast. As we were catching the ferry the next evening at 11.45, Peter offered to let us leave out bikes in his garage till our departure so we could have an easy sightseeing day in and around Kirkwall. Helpful, friendly, relaxed and excellent location. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lis P
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Just arrived home after another amazing stay with Peter,Gemma,Jean and 2 peddie boys. The welcome is so sincere, the rooms are home from home, and the breakfast is to die for. It is always a pleasure to stay there, and always look forward to our trip to the island to see family. Cheerio for now folks, but not goodbye.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family