“Romantic night away”

Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

Me and my wife had been bought this as a wedding present and we picked Mere Court as our preferred choice of venue and we are so pleased we did, set in beautiful surroundings and so peaceful, the room we stayed in was the Windsor suite which had loads of character and a lovely 4 poster bed, the room was lovely and clean and the bathroom was very nice with a large double ended roll top bath which easily fitted 2 people in.
The A La Carte food was absolutely beautiful and highly recommended for anyone wanting to treat themselves.
The breakfast was also very nice.
The staff were all pleasant and very helpful also.
A fantastic place which we will visit again someday

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil B
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Dear Neil B

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us have your feedback.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially as it was wedding present.

Thank you also for your recommendation, we think our Arboreum Restaurant is perfect for special occasions!

I will pass your kind words on to my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2015

We stayed here for my Niece's wedding and what a fantastic event the hotel put on, the service of all the staff was superb, the grounds around the hotel were well maintained, loads of on-site parking and plenty of areas to stand and sit in the outside areas. The organisation throughout the day was handled with the minimum of fuss ensuring that everything ran seamlessly and added to a brilliant day i am sure for all the guests and in particular my niece and her new husband....

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank DAVID H

Dear David H

Thanks very much for your much-appreciated feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your Niece and her husband had a brilliant day.

I will pass your kind words on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Mere Court the evening before my friends wedding, which was held at the hotel. The staff were all great, the food was excellent and the wedding itself went without a hitch. Despite a few of us being up very late, the night porter was very accomodating. The room we stayed in was large and we'll presented, the shower was fantastic.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheWall22

Dear TheWall2

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us have your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us on the occasion of your friends’ wedding and that we were helpful and accommodating.

I will pass your kind words on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

What a complete waste of money! I stayed here for the night for a friends wedding and although the wedding was lovely I cannot say the same for the hotel itself. I was told I had one of the best rooms but it looked in desperate need of redecorating and modernisation. The room did not have any running hot water, the lights were flickering and the shower did not work properly, the safe didn't work and there was no fridge in the room. Disabled facilities are abysmal which a friend of mine who was also staying at the hotel encountered problems with. I complained to the manager and although he was accommodating at first telling me that he would look into the issues, nothing was sorted. I followed up my complaint upon checking out of the hotel however the manager failed to return my calls or emails. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank HappyTraveller12000
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Dear HappyTraveller12000

I am pleased to hear that your friends’ wedding was lovely but very sorry to learn that your experience with us was not a reflection of our usual high standards of care and service.

We have a 24 hour reception for dealing with any problems that arise so I am sorry that we didn’t resolve your issue or respond to your complaint to your satisfaction.

We take on board all feedback from our customers and review our procedures accordingly to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed our customer expectations.

There is a planned schedule of refurbishment in place for all the bedrooms so we would appreciate another opportunity to welcome you back to Mere Court at some point in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2015

Stayed one night dinner bed and breakfast in a very nice large room. Staff are very good and friendly. Food was excellent. Hotel and grounds are very nice. Would benefit from a little more attention to detail. One lampshade in bathroom was missing is an example.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesLesleySmith
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2015

Dear Charles Lesley Smith

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your much-appreciated feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind words on to my team.

As I hope you can appreciate, we do from time to time have problems with things like the lampshade in your bathroom but we have a 24 hours concierge available to take care of these issues.

We also have a planned program of refurbishment in place for all our bedrooms in 2015.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

John Murphy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
3.7 km away
14 km away
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge

Been to Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre? Share your experiences!