All reviews presidential suite afternoon tea jacuzzi bath lakeside room wedding reception country hotel lovely grounds travelzoo deal wedding venue four poster bed lovely hotel room was large wedding breakfast sandwiches birthday treat waiting staff course meal
Reviewed 5 April 2015

We stayed here for my Niece's wedding and what a fantastic event the hotel put on, the service of all the staff was superb, the grounds around the hotel were well maintained, loads of on-site parking and plenty of areas to stand and sit in the outside areas. The organisation throughout the day was handled with the minimum of fuss ensuring that everything ran seamlessly and added to a brilliant day i am sure for all the guests and in particular my niece and her new husband....

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank davidh066
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Dear David H

Thanks very much for your much-appreciated feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your Niece and her husband had a brilliant day.

I will pass your kind words on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Mere Court the evening before my friends wedding, which was held at the hotel. The staff were all great, the food was excellent and the wedding itself went without a hitch. Despite a few of us being up very late, the night porter was very accomodating. The room we stayed in was large and we'll presented, the shower was fantastic.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheWall22

Dear TheWall2

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us have your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us on the occasion of your friends’ wedding and that we were helpful and accommodating.

I will pass your kind words on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

What a complete waste of money! I stayed here for the night for a friends wedding and although the wedding was lovely I cannot say the same for the hotel itself. I was told I had one of the best rooms but it looked in desperate need of redecorating and modernisation. The room did not have any running hot water, the lights were flickering and the shower did not work properly, the safe didn't work and there was no fridge in the room. Disabled facilities are abysmal which a friend of mine who was also staying at the hotel encountered problems with. I complained to the manager and although he was accommodating at first telling me that he would look into the issues, nothing was sorted. I followed up my complaint upon checking out of the hotel however the manager failed to return my calls or emails. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank HappyTraveller12000
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Dear HappyTraveller12000

I am pleased to hear that your friends’ wedding was lovely but very sorry to learn that your experience with us was not a reflection of our usual high standards of care and service.

We have a 24 hour reception for dealing with any problems that arise so I am sorry that we didn’t resolve your issue or respond to your complaint to your satisfaction.

We take on board all feedback from our customers and review our procedures accordingly to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed our customer expectations.

There is a planned schedule of refurbishment in place for all the bedrooms so we would appreciate another opportunity to welcome you back to Mere Court at some point in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2015

Stayed one night dinner bed and breakfast in a very nice large room. Staff are very good and friendly. Food was excellent. Hotel and grounds are very nice. Would benefit from a little more attention to detail. One lampshade in bathroom was missing is an example.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesLesleySmith
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2015

Dear Charles Lesley Smith

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your much-appreciated feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind words on to my team.

As I hope you can appreciate, we do from time to time have problems with things like the lampshade in your bathroom but we have a 24 hours concierge available to take care of these issues.

We also have a planned program of refurbishment in place for all our bedrooms in 2015.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

Mere Court was perfect. Attention to detail first rate. The food was fantastic. All the staff are brilliant. Cannot praise it enough. Only wish I had more children so we could do it all again!!Nothing was too much trouble and the service was very fast and efficient.

Room Tip: Rooms are a good size. Comfortable and very clean
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Pamela S

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us have your feedback about your daughter’s fabulous wedding day here this year.

I have passed your kind words on to my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Mere Court soon.