“Don't stay on a party night unless you are invited”

Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This could have been a very pleasant stay, the restaurant was elegant, the evening meal was of a high quality, the service though slow, was professional. What lets this hotel down is the presence of the function room in the lakeside annex. We retired to our room after our dinner and listened to the sound of a pre wedding party, which went on to near midnight. There was no mention of this function when we booked and our room was just down the corridor so we had the full benefit of the thumping base. If you want to offer party nights you can’t have guests staying who are looking for a nice quiet evening, the two do not go. On saying that, breakfast was good and plentiful, and our room was spacious though no valance was on the bed. The bathroom was a little tired and the shower was so powerful that the shower screen didn’t prevent the bathroom floor flooding. As we were on a deal the price paid wasn’t too bad but overall we will think twice before returning

1  Thank Silverfox468
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback, I am sorry that you were disturbed by our pre-wedding party, we do try to allocate our guests rooms as far away from the conservatory as possible, I am sorry that on this occasion this did not happen. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our fantastic food and the hotel surroundings.
We have just started a small refurbishment project in all of our bathrooms and are about to update our bedrooms too. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My new wife and I got engaged just over two years ago, and the first few months of our engagement were spent looking around venues for the ceremony and reception. That was until we were told by a friend to go and have a look at the Mere Court. He had got married there himself and had nothing but good words to say about the hotel.

As soon as we arrived at the Mere Court we knew that this was the place we wanted. We were welcomed in to look around the grounds and every room we walked into only served to make us want it more. The Arboreum is such a beautiful room to get married in - even without being "venue dressed" at the time - the colours, the beams on the ceiling and the intimacy of the room felt immediately right to us.

The showstopper for us however was the fantastic Conservatory, where the wedding breakfast and evening party would be held. It's a beautiful addition to an already lovely building, and as soon as we walked in we could imagine how things would eventually look.

We decided almost immediately that this was the place for us. The staff (including the dedicated Wedding Organiser, Karen) guided us effortlessly through deciding the package we required, and we never felt at any stage that things would not be spot on.

On the day itself (which fortunately was a gorgeous summer's day) the hotel looked immaculate and as I arrived early I saw the staff getting on efficiently with everything they needed to do. They did a perfect job. Every room was exactly as I'd hoped, and in the case of the Arboreum and the Conservatory, even better.

The Master of Ceremonies for the day, Will, did a brilliant job in ensuring the day flowed perfectly, even though our speeches made the breakfast overrun by quite some time. He was also on hand whenever he was required to help anyone with anything. The staff all looked incredibly smart and professional, and each and every one of them had a smile on their faces the whole time.

The food was magnificent - we had struggled to decide what we wanted served that day but I heard nothing but compliments from every guest about the standard, and it was presented beautifully and perfectly cooked.

My wife and I (still getting used to saying that) were upgraded to the Presidential Suite, and upon entering the room for the first time were greeted by a chilled bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates. The only regret I have is that I never used the enormous jacuzzi, which was situated in a huge and extremely clean bathroom. The four-poster was as comfortable a bed as I have ever slept in - I didn't want to leave.....!

If you're considering having your wedding here I honestly cannot recommend it enough. It's just a shame I (hopefully) won't be doing it again, as I'd certainly have mine at the Mere Court if I did.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for your FANTASTIC comments, , It is very rewarding for us to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your wedding day (we even made sure the weather was nice!). we thank you very much for your recommendations and perhaps we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for your 1st anniversary?!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed here with my husband on 12th September 2012 and we had a dinner bed and breakfast offer with Groupon. The food we had in the evening was delicious! My husband always has steak / mixed grill or a pie when we go out but none of these were on the menu so he opted for duck and really enjoyed it! Also the service was very good and we were given an amuse bouche complimentary of the chef!

The rooms were nice and clean and so was the bathroom. The only downside was that there was a pre wedding party on which had really loud music and our room look onto where they were having it. The music was turned off around 11:30 though so not too bad.

The grounds which the hotel is in are really lovely. We had taken a picnic with us to have during the day and then we went for a drink into Knutsford which is a lovely town.

1  Thank Sian P

Thank you for your lovely comments and I’m very pleased to read you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Me and my boyfriend had a really enjoyable one night stay at the Mere Court Hotel last weekend on a dinner, bed and breakfast deal. When we arrived we discovered there was a wedding at the hotel that day which really uplifted the mood of the hotel and made the place very lively; the only downside was it meant the bar area was very busy and we could not get a drink! We found our room after much zig-zagging of corridors! Our room was very spacious and clean with very good facilities! Dinner was AMAZING; food and service was excellent! Breakfast was also nice with lots of hot and cold options! Would reccommend this hotel and would stay here again in the future! Thankyou to the Mere Court Hotel for a lovely stay!

2  Thank Jesica B
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Thank you very much for your lovely review, I was glad to read that you enjoyed your weekend away and had an AMAZING dinner.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Afternoon tea is a fabulous experience at this hotel.
Myself and a group of friends enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at this lovely hotel. The afternoon tea was served to us with quiet efficiency. The presentation of the food was exceptional, as was the quality. For anyone looking for a bit of a treat look no further.
Five stars well deserved. Thank you to all the staff who played a part in ensuring our afternoon went smoothly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth W

Fantastic!! Thank you very much. The team and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Eloic Montagnier - Genral Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
3.7 km away
14 km away
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge

Been to Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre? Share your experiences!