“Impeccable service and souffle”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #11 of 103 Restaurants in Knutsford
Reviewed 21 May 2017

We were sat in a lovely window seat for two and the menu was really varied so it was a difficult choice. I had the potted crab for starter and my partner had the french onion soup, both of which were delicious.

For main course I had the ravioli duo and my partner chose the beef bourguignon which he said was very good. I did love the ravioli but wasn't too keen on the creamy sauce as it tasted and looked more like milk than cream and it could have done with some garlic or other flavouring which would have made it perfect.

The service was absolutely fantastic, the wine was really good and we would definitely return in the future. Our only gripe was a gratuity added to the bill for two people - we always give a tip when service has been good but prefer to have that as a choice not forced upon us.

Knutsford B, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hi Awsumness,

I am so happy to hear that you had a lovely time with us. The potted crab is a favorite of mine and I always have that when given the chance, so you made a great choice there! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the sauce on the ravioli and I have passed your feedback on to our head chef.

As far as the automatic gratuity goes, is it a discretionary gratuity that can be removed or not paid should you so wish. We find that adding it on to the bill allows us to fairly distribute the tips among all the staff that worked that day, from the chefs who prepared your meal, to the bar staff and the waiters who looked after you. However in future please asks your waiter to have it removed and we will more than gladly take it off your bill for you.

So we hope to see you again soon,

Kind regards,
Tayla Preece
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2017

My husband and I had a really enjoyable evening. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. They offered us a complimentary glass of fizz, which is always a good start !
We had the gravadlax and the moules to start, good sized portions and very tasty. My husband followed with sirloin steak, which he asked to be rare to medium, rather than medium rare. Our waiter, Robbie, made sure this instruction reached the chef, and he did cook it perfectly, it was exactly what he wanted. I had the confit duck which was excellent. We had some very nice wine. All in all a very good experience and we will be back before too long.

Knutsford B, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Good Morning Mrs Hamer

Thank you so much for taking the time out to publish such a lovely review regarding your evening with us. It is very much appreciated and so encouraging to read your comments on the food and your service. This will be fed back to the team. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Service was off hand and frankly unfriendly. On previous occasions we had felt welcomed. Different staff of course, perhaps new and untrained in the BB way? Cheese soufflé is always a highlight but this time, no. We shan't be returning.

Knutsford B, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Good Morning Irene

It is very disappointing to read such a review of your last experience with us. I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in more depth at your convenience, contact number 01565622900.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

My husband and I had a very generous voucher we had won in a wine competition. We had excellent food and excellent service. We were made very welcome. We shared an amazing starter, "The sharing Charcuterie", It contained three very French sliced sausage, pate, blue cheese on toast, pickles and salad. Our main course was one we have never been able to afford before, the Chateaubriand Steak. That was delicious and cooked to perfection. The chef came out to check it was cooked as we like it. The Béarnaise sauce was beautiful as was also the two side dishes we chose. We had an amazing visit and some photos to remember it all, actually an unforgettable experience.

Hi Cathy

Thank you so much for such a glowing review of your afternoon with us at Brasserie Blanc Knutsford. We really appreciate you taking the time out to do so. It is so pleasing to read such nice remarks on both the food and service. This will be fed back to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Nice restaurant right in the middle of Knutsford. I went there for a late lunch after a visit in Tatton Park. The food and wine were very nice, but not sure if worth the price. The highlight of the meal was definitely the pistachio souffle - it was absolutely delicious!

Knutsford B, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time out to complete to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal and we hope that our pricing is competitive for the quality, but we are always reviewing, so your comments is something we will look at. So pleased you enjoyed the Pistachio souffle in particular. We hope to see you soon.