All reviews lovely meal chicken goujons friendly attentive staff town centre big portions full scottish feel very welcome an evening meal keep up the good work his team place to eat warm welcome first class fantastic food cooked to perfection black pudding sunday lunch
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Im not usually one to make a seen, but after seeing a disgsuting reply to my sisters honest and truthful review to your hotel standards. I am livid..

Firstly..your website does not state that the room my sister had was pet friendly, or she wouldnt have booked as she & my brother in-law has terrible pet allergies simple as that!! also the heating wasnt on in her first room cause i myself felt the heater and guess what...IT WASNT ON.

Secondly, ‘saying‘ my sister did the lip stick stains on the mug and had fake tan on the bed etc..well that was a lie wasnt it cause my sister couldnt even stand to stay in your hotel for one more night rightly so, so how could she have got fake tan stains on your bed sheets if she didnt even sleep in it?!?! and for the lip stick stain on the mug my sister isnt that pathetic to do it her self and then complain about it?! come on.

Thirdly, and for saying myself and my sister ‘stole’ your hairdryers how dare you lie and accuse us of doing that..just because the truth hurts about how awful your hotel is run do not accuse me and my family of stealing we are nothing of the sort, i think its disgusting about how you can make all of this stuff up..

Fourthly, saying my brother in-law was drinking in the hotel from 1pm onwards and then got in his car and drove away accusing him of drink driving hahaha you joking?! my brother in-law wasnt even in the hotel at 1pm!! so you are clearly just lying and yeah if you got CCTV id love to see it he was with my brother and partner from 12-4 after my sister in-laws baby shower!!

Fithly, I found toe nail on my bed! on the first night but didnt want to saying anything until the end of my stay as i didnt want to make a scene, and on the saturday it was my sister in- laws baby shower, but as i told one of your colleague about it the morning i was leaving she looked as if i was lying even though i said to her ‘ i left in on the table in my room for you to see ‘ there was no sorry or anything and she was more then happy to charge me £95 after i told her this.

like i said im not usually one for make a scene but how you’ve slated me and my family is disgusting and im not letting you get away with it without consequences, i have many witnesses to all your wrong allegations so you look so stupid for doing all this and wasting your time and more importantly my familys time.

Me and my family will NOT be returning 110% due to these horrible lies, I do not recommend staying here cause they will probably do the same to you!!

THE TRUTH HURTHS

6  Thank Lara E
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Guest

My apologies to the rest of the tripadvisor world about your outburst.

I am not even going to lower myself to reply in length to this review, but all I will say is that the other 377 reviews left will speak for themselves, and will paint the true picture of a hotel which is certainly not what you or you or your colleague describe.

As a business we are open to criticism, and we will take this where necessary, however this kind of review and its contents are certainly not welcomed.

My staff here are more than just staff; they are a part of me, and a part of the fantastic business we have created. They are all encouraged to read all our reviews to see what our lovely guests and customer have to say, and I am sure they will get over this one.

Thank you for staying with us for 2 nights, however if your stay with us was so bad, I am confused as to why you stayed for both nights.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for what was suppose to be a weekend, but ended up coping only for one night. Firstly, when booking our room online, it stated all rooms have an en suite and are double size - so we thought there would be no issue. On arrival, we were shown up to our room, which to our surprise had a SHARED bathroom and the room standard was extremely low budget. It felt like a hostel pushed upstairs out the way. I asked the owner of any spare double rooms as we were not happy, and he replied with “No.7 across the way is vacant, so therefore the toilet is all yours” but still, that is NOT what we booked and isn’t fair. The room had no phone to contact reception (I had to go to my sisters room for any issues) and our radiators were not on all night which kept us cold. We didn’t realise the heater wasn’t on, until it was too late waking up in the morning frozen. You assume the heating comes on in rooms if it’s on all elsewhere. FYI, we did have the radiator turned on full. We asked reception to please pop the heating on, to which that only lasted for an hour, if that. Anyway, we tried to accept this and carried on with our holiday. Through the night and early morning on waking, we felt our eyes itching, throats closing, running noses and feeling of unwellness, only to discover via their website through curiosity, that the two rooms on the second floor with a shared bathroom are in fact PET FRIENDLY ROOMS. Both my husband and I are severely allergic to pets, so the room started to effect our health. I will say on this rare occassion, the hotel did in fact move us after this and we’re helpful. In our SECOND room, we discovered we were next to a busy petrol station, room was above the men’s toilets for the bar (noisy), tv size was a joke - something you have for children in the car for entertainment, bath robes dirty (was not changed from last couple), mugs still smeared in lipstick stains from couple before us - makes you think, if the bed and towels were changed too. In fact, my sister was staying in another room and found toe nails at the bottom of their bed. After all this ordeal, we thought of going downstairs to get some food which to our surprise was in our OPINION under cooked. We asked the lady in charge about our concern to which she replied “it is a steak burger and it dries out if overcooked and not pink”. Say that to someone who had cramps and felt ill all night. Maybe a choice of how the person eating it would like it cooked? It can make some people feel extremely uncomfortable if they DO NOT enjoy eating meat that is that rare-looking . I’d rather it dry than feeling ill. After all this stress and trouble, we decided to pack our bags and leave. Once we got back to the room and packed, we called the lady in charge up to the room for privacy as we were thinking of them and did not want to show anyone up about our disappointing weekend. The lady in charge was nice enough and apologised but wanted us to tell her about our issues downstairs and sooner. This was NOT possible, as there was a function on which was my own family and I didn’t want to ruin their beautiful day by making a scene which I felt this hotel would have done. Will not be returning again, I believe publicity has gone completely to their heads and they are no longer pushing as hard as they probably did in the past.

7  Thank gemmapriestnall
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Guest,

I have been awaiting for this review now for a few days.

I am so sorry, but I am usually very polite and mannerly, however the way you and your colleague (Room 2) behaved was totally unacceptable within ANY hotel.

Firstly, your rooms were booked on line, and you yourself chose to take the cheap option of booking room 8, which clearly states that on our confirmation and booking sites.
When you spoke to me about the shared bathroom, I did say that this would not be the case, as we never rent the room opposite if either room has been booked, therefore giving you sole use of the bathroom.
On the following morning after trying to cause a scene during breakfast (but not mentioning the cold room or allergy to pets) you contacted me from your colleagues room to say your room was cold, however as advised, the heating was already on.and your colleague said that she actually had to turn her heating down as she was too warm. On contacting you direct then on the phone number supplied with your booking, I spoke to your partner, who said thank you, however then he said you were allergic to pets. As you do state in your review, it does say on our website that these 2 rooms on the top floor are pet friendly, so this would have been known when you chose the cheap option.
We moved you to another room at no additional cost, and that was at 11am on the 2nd day of your stay. When my housekeepers went up to strip and clean your original room, and knowing of your complaint of a cold room, the first thing they noticed was the mess of your room, and then the WIDE OPEN WINDOW........(Did you forget to close it before going to your other room?) Oh.....and then of course they felt the radiator which funnily was.....yes you have guessed it........ WARM!.......The real reason you were making a scene and complaining at this point was because your colleague had booked one of our largest rooms (ensuite) with a king size bed, single bed and 50" TV!!

My staff member asked you then when you came down for your family event at 1pm if everything was ok in your room to which she was told yes it is lovely, but my colleagues room is bigger......NO mention of any further issues.

Both yourself and your partner ordered burgers. I totally refute your comments about the burger being under cooked. It is law in Scotland that we are NOT allowed to cook burgers rare or pink, and our paperwork will show that ALL burgers are checked for temperature of over 76 degrees. This is essential, and to ensure that everything is cooked properly. This is just yet ANOTHER lie you tell in your review.

Now, may I just add at this point, and which can be verified via our CCTV, that BOTH you and your partner were drinking alcohol on Saturday from approx 1pm.

At approx 8pm you called reception from your room to ask for a member of management to come to your room, which my duty manager duly did. Your complaint this time was that there was a lipstick mark on the coffee cup. The fact that the cup had been used, there was empty coffee sachets and sugar sachets in the bin told my member of staff it was in deed yourself who had used the cup.

Now I turn to the bathrobe..............When you showed my colleague into the bathroom to show her the dirty bathrobe you talk about, its was clear from the brown mess on the shower base that you (or your boyfriend........) had been washing off your (or his) fake tan before getting ready for the party at 1pm, and that the stains on this bathrobe which were lying on the floor (and still damp) was in fact dirty because of the fake tan.......as were the towels and white duvet cover!

The way in which both yourself and your partner spoke to my colleague was nothing but rude, unmannerly, and down right disgusting. My staff have the right to work in dignity, and they do NOT have to stand and be spoken to in the rude manner in which you did. When you and your partner left the hotel, my colleague broke down in tears to my partner due to the way she was spoken to by both of you, and had I personally been there to support her at this point, I would have personally asked you both to leave anyway.

I wont even go into the disgusting way that both you, your partner, and your colleague in room 2 left your rooms, as it was absolutely disgusting to say the least........oh and did I forget to mention you both took the hairdryers with you when yous left? Or the fact that you and your partner, after drinking most of the day from 1pm quite happily got into your car and drove away?? (We didnt notice this until it was too late)
I am quite happy to post any pictures you require of the mess you left, including the mess of the shower, towels, room, cups etc.

The reviews we have received on our tripadvisor will show this one up for what it really is, just a load of lies from someone who just couldn't get their own way.

The reason we are so busy and so highly rated is down the the hard work and effort that my team put inhere, and the family environment I as the owner have created for them, and I will not allow them to be degraded in the way you have done here.

OTHER HOTELIERS...................BE WARE!!!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Come here very often for meals. A young lady called Paige always serves us, she was very polite, helpful and friendly while serving us. The food was delicious and service was great! Would definitely recommend to others.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Louise G
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hi Louise

Lovely to read your review today. I am very lucky to have the amazing staff that I have here. They are a real credit to the business, and always happy to help anyone.

Please do call with us again.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We stayed a night at the Townhead Hotel as we were part of a wedding party. The staff were amazing the food fantastic and the room was very comfortable The staff were very sensitive to the needs and circumstances of the bride and groom.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front however our room at the back was very pleasent
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Judith C

Hi Judith

Thank you for your very kind review.

It was our absolute please to be able to host this wedding party. We have actually felt part of the family in helping to organise things etc.

We so hope that we will see you all again very soon for a catch up

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant today to celebrate a birthday with family (4 adults & 2 kids). Booked a table online which was great and really easy and convenient to do. Arrived and got drinks and when at the table the service was fab. Food was lovely and the staff were too. The children’s menu was nice and reasonable prices. The adult menu was really easily laid out and really lovely hearty food and again reasonable prices. I was given a bottle of prosecco to say happy birthday too which was a great touch. Thanks so much everyone. We had a fab experience & will be back :-) xx

1  Thank Ami A
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi Ami

Thank you for your kind words.

It was lovely to see you all yesterday, and I hope you had an enjoyable birthday.

It was our pleasure to be able to help you enjoy your birthday, and that added wee bottle will I am sure have made it lots better.

We always aim to do the best we can, and I am glad that you enjoyed yourselves.

Hope to see you again in the future.