All reviews patio doors wedding reception bridal suite wedding party duty manager wedding breakfast food was amazing patio area lovely hotel mr and mrs couldn't do enough both nights log fire would highly recommend this hotel superior room the ground floor night stay
Reviewed 4 February 2018

On arriving we were welcomed by staff who were friendly and efficient, good choice of items available on the menu, food was good as was the service. Would definitely return and recommend this hotel if in the area.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us, and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We stayed on a Sunday night for an early birthday treat before the lambing season begins. We were met with a friendly and efficient check-in from the young man on reception, who then showed us to our room, after booking us a table for dinner. The room was lovely, as were all the public areas, restaurant and lounge. The meal was delicious, Dryfesdale Burger and Vegetable Sizzler. Bread and dipping oil/balsamic whilst we waited for food to arrive was much enjoyed. Chocolate brownie was the best I've had and a decent portion, unlike a lot of places where it's only enough for a gnat with anorexia! A great night's sleep followed by a great breakfast served by a very friendly waitress. Nothing was too much trouble. Glen the manager showed us round his hotel after we got chatting and his pride in his hotel and high standards were very evident. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and can't wait to return. The ground floor rooms with patio doors and views look most tempting!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your review, all the team are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the night while passing through. I thought I would stay in Lockerbie itself but the town is very small with just a couple of pubs so I decided to stay in the slightly nicer hotel just out of town.
As you drive up the hotel sits nicely with its own private road. Inside is clean and a pleasant welcome.
The staff were all attentive and pleasant. The room itself was clean but getting a tad dated. That said the bed was extremely comfy and a great nights sleep. Black out curtains and a fantastic shower.
I’d say it was a good three star hotel by measure. Gave 4 above as it’s closer to 4 than 3 :)
Ate in the restaurant, very nice. Others around me looked good too. Only a small bar in the corner of the restaurant though.
Worth a visit if you are passing through

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear reviewer, Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your brief stay with us, and we hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the future

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I always try to be honest when writing reveiws and always base them on my experience of the stay.
Originally we only planned to stay one night as we were attending a surprised birthday party, but we decided to make a weekend of it and booked for three nights. We also decided to upgrade to a executive room for a extra £30 a night.
On check-in the manager seemed nice enough, checked us in and took us to our room.
First impression was nice hotel and a just about ok room. The room on inspection wasn't the cleanest but acceptable. There was nowhere to really put your suitcase as the wardrobe was cluttered with stuff, e.g. heater, tower fan, pillows, iron, hairdryer, etc.
After the first night, where we were woken up on numerous occasions by other guest and squeaky floorboards, we decided to go into Lockerbie for breakfast as we didn't think the hotel breakfast was value for money. We returned to the hotel and decided to get some sleep, we put on the do not disturb sign, but unfortunately got very little sleep thanks to the cleaner and the squeaky floorboards.
Later that night, friends joined us at the hotel, and we had drinks, which was very pleasant sat next to a log fire. It was then we decided to change our plans and go Glasgow for the new year. I asked reception about the cancellation policy and we were told to see the manager in the morning.
In the morning I spoke to James, and fair play we were offered a part refund, but would still have to pay Booking.coms fee. I said I didn't want anyone to be out of pocket because we changed our plans and I paid the full price of £327 and told them we would pick our bags up the next morning.
We went out for the day, and with my wife still seething for what was certainly not value for money, we decided to return and get our stuff and check out early.
Unfortunately for the manager, my wife was still not happy about the room and she challenged him about the room and the price. It worked out that we didn't get the executive room because of a coach load of Chinese people coming in and they can be very noisy (nice way for the manager to talk about paying customers to other guests).
Asked why we were still charged for the executive room, when we were in a standard double room, apparently they had been trying to contact us for two days and described my wife has the Scarlett Pimpernel, even though I spoke to reception on a few occasions, (we had drinks at the bar and there is a telephone in the room). I find it very hard to believe that we were not contactable.
Unfortunately Glen, I found you patronising, arrogant and extremely unprofessional, and you would blame anyone else for your mistakes rather than taking responsibility for them . Your offer of a cheap bottle of house wine as an apology was pointless as we wont be returning!
We did get the £90 overcharge refunded.
Overall £79 for the hotel was probably right, for the room I wouldn't pay more than £55, and based on customer service, you would have to pay me!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew M
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear reviewer, sometimes we get it wrong, you booked a superior room but in fact were allocated a standard double room, for this we apologise. The mistake was explained fully and an immediate refund was offered by myself ,

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Attended this hotel with family today for Christmas lunch. Welcomed at the door by staff and shown into an ante room with a beautiful log fire. We had a leisurely drink before being shown to the dining room. The food was superb. Staff extremely welcoming and very slick service. Louise looked after our table and she was very efficient. Will definitely visit this hotel again. We’ve had a wonderful experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear reviewer, Thank you for your lovely review, all the team on Christmas Day did an amazing job, with over 100 guests to serve on such a special day, we are thrilled that you took the time to pass on your lovely comments. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.