See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2012

A great place to "stop off" on the way - we stayed on our way to the Isle of Mull. Di (your host) is a delight - so helpful and welcoming. The breakfast is beautiful and excellent quality. Murrayfield is like going back in time and it makes you slow down and relax ensuring your holday starts as soon as you I'll up the drive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H0lidays50
Reviewed 9 October 2011

A very gracious house, the size and facilities of our room were fantastic. . . Clean, hostess tray bathroom with bath and shower en-suite and we could come and go as we wished. Very peaceful, but literally only a couple of miles from Lockerbie and the motorway. We found it a perfect centre for exploring Hadrians Wall, Keilder Damn and the wild moors to the north of Keilder one day, Dumfrieshire and the coast to the West and the beautiful Lochs and Woodlands to the north on our last day. We found the Devils Beeftub a few miles north of Lockerbie with its history of brigands and fighting after going for an evening ride. If we are that way again we will certainly be staying at Murrayfield.
Roma, Shropshire

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here as a break of journey rather than as an all-weeker, but I still think it would be a lovely place to stay for longer!
The host and the location make the place. The owner, Di, is lovely and friendly - proper Scottish welcome. Tea, coffee, biscuits etc available in your room. All you need to do is ask when you'd like your brekkie, and if you ask, you'll get recommendations for local places to eat or visit. (There is information available downstairs too if you didn't bring your own guide books.) Lots to do.
Good breakfasts, well cooked, your choice of time and fresh ingredients. And yes the squirrels really are right outside your window, along with the local birds too. Our room was very spacious and bigger than most B&B's would have for two rooms, ensuite without us asking for it too, very comfortable. There are extra blankets etc available, and even some boardgames.)
To me, this was my second visit, and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We spent 3 nights at Murrayfield in a family room. The room was spacious and clean. There was coffee and tea facilities as well as a small refrigerator in the room.
We found the hostess to be not a only a good cook but also a good conversationalist. The breakfast was accommodating and a good start to great days. The estate is well hidden and secluded with beautiful gardens and fields of wheat.
This is a nice place to stay for easy day trips to the scottish countryside and historic places or just to relax and unwind. The red squirrels were there every day on our visit. So the only thing we missed was a place to sit outside the house.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Irene Ruth K
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This really is an excellent B&B and the owner (Di) is so friendly. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome. The room was lovely and beautifully decorated. Although I only stayed one night I would have liked to stay longer. The breakfast was gorgeous, all good quality ingredients, and I even saw a red squirrel while we were in the dining room! I would highly recommend staying here and certainly will stay again myself if I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends