Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
SAVE US$14
Expedia.comUS$105
Hotels.comUS$105
StayForLongUS$113
All reviews sea view elizabeth suite fish and chips sea front sunday carvery lovely meal cooked breakfast saturday night evening meal short break seafront wedding waitress emma seaside
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2020

Hi, I’ve been to the Hatfield twice now, both times for afternoon tea. The 1st time was excellent & couldn’t wait to go back, unfortunately we’ve been back and it was really quite average. Our sandwiches had obviously been made prior to us coming & were hard, we had one very small scone each, & the other cakes were all squashed. The tea pots were all dull, not been shined up, when I ate the sausage rolls and pickle, this was ok but they’d only given us one small plate, not another one for my sweet stuff. The first time we went, the lady came and asked us what sandwiches we wanted as my husband doesn’t eat eggs and neither of us eat salmon, then went and made them fresh, very helpful lady. As I said this time they were made beforehand, salmon, yuk, egg!& coronation chicken which we don’t like. What a waste. For the price we won’t revisit, really gone downhill.

Reviewed 9 October 2020

Good food nice restaurant....however my table was really sticky and needed a clean....the bed is extremely uncomfortable( writing this at 5am)...couldnt get a full night's sleep as it is a very hard, old and noisy bed. The room smells of Mould and could do with a fan...like premiere inn & travelodge.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights, a little break. Excellent hotel. Staff very friendly & accommodating. Hotel very clean and covid organised and aware. Meals in the restaurant were superb and reasonably priced

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2020

Me and my partner got married saturday 3rd october in secret with just our children and parents. Afterwards we booked to go to the hatfield in a private room and had a meal and drinks.
I can not fault anything about our time there. Everything was ran so smoothly. All the safe were amazing and so friendly. Especially shelley who ran the who thing. The food was amazing and massive portions we always stayed there the night and the beds were super comfy. I can honestly say we will be back very soon.
Emily and Ricky xx

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

After my first visit the hotel had been renovated seats covered and similar staff very popular hotel so good to sit out side overlooking the sea.in fine weather and summer a sun trap.but the staff still can not get a latté hot I've visited several times and it seems I'm not alone in observing this but worse still is that I did not get my right change and knowing you gave them a different note to the change I received did not sit well with me .I there for have not stayed so do not know what the rooms are like . There are live music events and dances .it's nice walking on the beach and it's walking distance to town .on a bus route that you can get to Southwold just out side the main entrance .dogs welcome out side on lower terrace .disable access into bar and toilets.

Date of stay: November 2019