“Fabulous take on traditional tapas”

Vida Tapas & Bistro
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tapas style dining with international cuisine in the heart of Lytham. Half price tapas every Tuesday. All you can eat every Wednesday, only £14.95. Reservations strongly advised. Reserve your table online.
Reviewed 17 July 2015

The service is always great here and we really enjoyed the food once again! I especially loved the duck spring rolls and the asian sticky ribs are to die for!! Would highly recommend this restaurant, there is something for everyone on the menu as they have all sorts of international tapas.

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Following a few hours in Blackpool we decided to return home via Lytham and using TripAdvisor aimed for this place. And what a find it was.

The place was empty at around 6pm on a Sunday other than one table so we were quickly seated.

We ordered 5-6 tapas dishes (including bravas and green beans) between the two of us and decided that was an ideal quantity.

The spicy prawns (pil pil) were fantastic. The meatballs were great. The teriyaki steak was superb. Duck spring rolls were divine.

Highly recommended. Sensibly priced too.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

We visited Vida Sunday lunch time today, booked a table in advance as from the Trip Advisor comments we expected it to be very busy. But because it is just out of the town centre it does not get a lot of people walking by and was therefore very quiet. However we were welcomed by a lovely young lady called Amy who we chatted with about Universities at times during our meal as she left our food.

We have Tapas frequently in Ibiza and whilst it was more expensive here we were not in the slightest disappointed. We would particularly recommend the asian sticky ribs....not your normal bone with a bit of meat on them...they are a meal in themselves and the coconut tempura king prawns in a light batter with a dipping sauce.

We finished off with a couple of sweets...but we were already stuffed and that was just to get the free jug of sangria.

Would we dine here again?????...oh yes most certainly.

The décor is great and it does not take that many to fill this relatively small restaurant..

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Had a very nice meal at the Vida on Wednesday Evening. Its was a Party of 3 - we had booked well in advance a Table at 7pm. Arrived 5 minutes before along with another party of 3 who had not booked but as it turned out were given our table.

The Waitress looked a little perplexed when I asked why there there no other tables set for 3? We offered a table for 2 in the door way or a high table at the bar. Asked again why having booked that there was no table for 3 I was told "I just gave it the party before you". Not a great start on the customer service front.

No apologies offered - Seated at the table by the door and asked for the door to be closed due to the draft etc. - Menu's - provided and I asked about the set menu which had not been provided and we got one to share...

The restaurant was busy - 2 staff operating I would say there was around 20 people in and a large table set for a party of 10. Chose the sharing platter to start with, along with 2 Tapas per person. Drinks were Wine and a Beer. Food was very nice and the Sharing platter was well received. Main Tapas ordered were as follows:-

Fish & Chips
Duck Spring Rolls
Chorizo in Cider and Onions
Chicken Madras
Lamb Burger
Chicken Goujons

Price per item ranged from £5.50 - £6.50 Sharing Platter was £9.95.

One Pudding and Coffee's total bill £68.50 (Drinks noted at £18.40 2 x Wine and 1 Beer)

Overall the meal was nice I had no complaints about the food or the service during the meal. My only comment would be if a party has "booked" they have taken the time to either know its a good place to eat, think it going to busy but more importantly have made a commitment to come to that restaurant and spend money. They should be the customers that the establishment is expecting.

Would I eat there again - Yes I would - Maybe on a "Tuesday" when all Tapas is Half Price. Point of note for other's attending Vida they do have offer days.

Sundays - Sangria (No idea but assume you get a jug with your meal)
Tuesdays - Half Price Tapas - Very good value I would suggest
Wednesday - "All you can eat" - £14.95 Per Person (However all party members have to chose this option and you can only order certain items max 3 dishes in one go per person I think- Which I viewed as fair)

Try it.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 8 July 2015

We had our first experience of Vida last Saturday and it won't be our last. The service was great and the food was faultless.
The total bill for the four of us was a pleasant surprise and I'd recommend Vida for a relaxed, friendly atmosphere - top drawer!!