1,066 results
All reviews sea view sand dunes dog friendly hotel lovely hotel evening meal would highly recommend this hotel sea front double room public areas family room both nights my mum couldn't do enough full english many thanks following morning biscuits
Reviewed 27 October 2017

The room tucked away at the back. Bath did not retain water, fault with the plug. The hairdryer was fixed to the wall about two yards from the nearest mirror! The perils of requesting a single room. Hotels never seem to like single travellers.
Food not wonderful, beef awful.
Noisy party on the Saturday night.
Staff fine.

Stayed: October 2017
6  Thank mcottage
VictoriaC72, Owner at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Sir,

Well this is a real disappointment to read, firstly our single rooms have been fully refurbished and throughout the week I would say 50% of our customers are single traveller's so that certainly isn't the case.
I am sorry we failed to impress you on this occasion, and we would hope that you would choose to return to stay with so we may have the opportunity of offering you a superior experience.
Best Regards

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Second visit for me, both visits for work. Didn't review the first time around but the niggles from then still stand. On the positive side, it's a great location, and if you get a room at the from then you get a great view..
On the negative then some basics, the wifi is rubbish, from two separate rooms. The tv system is also worse than rubbish with more than 50% of channels not working.
The food and staff are decent enough but I'd say 3 star at best. I've stayed there because of location both times, I'll look elsewhere next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Marsascala_1
VictoriaC72, Owner at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Sir,

In response to your feedback, we are indeed a 3 star hotel however that should not affect the wifi connection nor the tv channels, this is the first complaint I have heard of regarding these issues and I will look into both of these with immediate effect.
I am sorry to hear that you will be looking for alternative accommodation, should these not be to your liking either we would be delighted to welcome you back.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We went in a family group and occupied a family and a double room. The rooms were very spacious and presented beautifully. There are a variety of very comfortable lounges where you can enjoy a drink, snack or afternoon tea. The prices in the restaurant are reasonable and the food delicious. The staff were all very pleasant - the dining room staff were absolutely super.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally H
VictoriaC72, Owner at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear madam,

I am so glad to read that you found our rooms to be beautifully presented ( My Job) and the food to be delicious (Not my job) !!
On behalf of myself and the entire team as it really truly takes every single member of the Glendower to make your stay a special and memorable one we truly appreciate the 5 stars and your lovely comments and should be delighted if you wished to return.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Have stayed at this Hotel in the past with mixed feelings but under its new management cannot shout its praises too highly. Major refurbishment has renovated it to a high standard. Rooms comfortable, food excellent and staff friendly.The Manager Hailley bent over backwards to make our 3 day stay stress free, be it tables for 8 at dinner or a last minute lounge lunch for 8. Will definitly be returning.

Room Tip: Best views are obviously those with a sea view, but ca be noisier that the side rooms. Some are served by lift, just ask when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank j0hntinsley

Dear Sir,

Well this is certainly wonderful news, may we thank you kindly for the 5 star review and we hope to keep on impressing you with the many refurbishments we have planned for the future.
Thank you for your continued and loyal support.
Kind Regards
victoria

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I probably should not review a hotel while I am still staying in it. I should also refrain from knee-jerk responses after a 9 hour working day with a 2.5 hour drive after it. But I'm feeling a bit cranky and it's late, so here goes!

I arrived at The Glendower at about 8.30pm to find the door locked. It is an automatic door with one of those accessible buttons to trigger it, but it does not work and I was left trying to ring the bell or catch a receptionist's eye to get let in. Having eventually gained access I was quickly checked in and given directions to my room. The hotel is, as you will have gathered from other reviews, a bit of a rabbit warren with some odd room numbering, but after 10 wasted minutes with two heavy cases, I had to admit defeat and head back to reception..."which stairs did he tell you? Oh, he's new, it's much better up this way, here, I'll show you!". The room wasn't bad and me and a colleague got into Anatolia, the Turkish Restaurant just before they shut up for the night, so we returned to the hotel stuffed and mellow...only to find we were locked out again. Repeat the ring door bell, wave at reception, pray, curse, etc. until someone leaving gave us a chance to sneak in.

Despite all that, it's not a bad hotel. It just isn't good either. It's a bit like one of my old school reports; not enough attention to detail, but pleasant enough.

Room Tip: Double check the directions you are given to your room. The numbering is weird!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank 724bill
VictoriaC72, Owner at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Sir,
Your review really saddens me to read !! I would really like to think that this is an isolated incident, but please rest assured I take your comments very seriously, judging by the time and date of your review I believe the "Door Gate" situation maybe attributed to hurricane Ophelia and I promise I'm not making this up, when the winds are very high as we are positioned directly across from the seafront the door activation system can go a bit haywire it has only happened a couple of times and I and the team are truly sorry that you were on the receiving end of not being able to get in !!
I appreciate we are not top of the class on this occasion, however should you wish to return please contact myself directly and I will make sure that we score top marks and unlike my school report ..."If only she would listen and pay attention" I have and I will !!
I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Yours Sincerely