All reviewssea viewsmall liftcoach tripbit datedshort breakolder peopleevening mealtop floorsea frontfried breadat short noticelounge areafood is excellentrooms were very cleanplenty of hot waterbar pricesnight break
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We first went to The Lindum a number of times a couple of years ago as a coach firm local to us used it for trips to that region. When we saw the 'Group-On' advertised we decided to return. We are glad that we did. This is an almost sea-front (there are certainly a number of sea-view rooms) hotel of which there are a number in the area. It is idealy placed for a range of nice little local shops & tea rooms etc and is a good base for getting to Blackpool. We used the local station which is not to far away but there are regular buses also.
The food at the hotel is actually very good (certainly tasty) for a smallish establishment and we were well served by it's attentive waiting staff.

2  Thank RAY_CAG
Reviewed 29 April 2018

We booked a last minute groupon voucher for one night and had a great weekend.The room was lovely and clean and spacious with a fantastic view of the seafront.The hotel is in a great location with lots to do within walking distance of the seafront and the town.
The other residents were very friendly and the hotel has a nice atmosphere.
The waitress service in the restaurant was very attentive and the food was good.
I am looking forward to returning for a longer stay next time.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Car park full, miserable place. Ok, got a cheap deal, but think that meant we were put in the dingiest room ever!
Breakfast was reasonable.
Staff lovely! Will not return as there is so much competition in Lytham!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crunch1e
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Room 113 is dreadful! A light out over the mirror where you need to sit and do your hair. The hairdryer cuts out, presumably overheating, but then the PAT test stickers on both the hairdryer and kettle did show that they were last tested in 2016. The bathroom has a rusty pedal bin, a rusting heated towel rail that is taped up, a mirror with big patches of backing coming off and a discoloured bath that should have been thrown out a long time ago. We went for dinner and were told to sit on another table as someone was sitting in the one we were allocated, our order was taken but we were never asked if we wanted wine with dinner. My main course was cold and I had to put my head in the kitchen to find someone to tell. By the time it came back my Husband had finished his. I don't really think a choice from the dessert table ought to mean 3 different cakes. Again I had to go and find someone to tell us what they were. I then decided I would like coffee but it had been cleared away! The kitchen staff yelled at each other and shrieked with laughter all through dinner, very unpleasant. We were told to go upstairs for coffee and we asked the receptionist who said sit in the bar. Some considerable time later we got coffee as she didn't know how to work the machine and had to find someone! We didn't bother having a drink as nobody actually manned the bar, you had to ring a bell and it was a little difficult to hear one another due to a guest being asleep and snoring! When we checked out I asked the receptionist if she had ever been in room 113 and she said "no I've only been in one room". There was no evidence of any sort of manager and in we got the impression nobody was interested. My husband and I just wanted a little unwinding break but this was far from it and a complete waste of money.

3  Thank CDB119
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We came here for just one night so went out a while before we came back for our meal. We both starters, mine was soup which was ok and hubby had chicken salad which he loved. We both had fish pie which was rather good but not too large which was fine for me. As we were leaving the restaurant a waitress called Renata handed me some money which had fallen from my pocket and that I didn't even know had. It was £60. I was very pleased and thanked her profusely. That really cheered me up as the hotel is very dated and needs decorating asap. The room was large and the blind drawn so when we looked quickly closed it again, terrible view of all the inner workings. Not a sea view. The room was clean as was the bathroom, not sure if we would stay again.

2  Thank Eunice38