We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ross-on-Wye
The White Lion
Ranked #21 of 43 Ross-on-Wye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Met some friends here for a meal.....think it was in the middle of changing hands so new landlord I suspect. Food was good, good portions, too much salad though. Not many people in this usual buzzing pub but the service was good and it wasn't too expensive, the beer is excellent. The only think I would say is get some cushions for those terribly hard dining chairs, when you eat out you need to be comfortable.

Room Tip: We didn't stay we only had a meal so can't comment on your questions.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We have been to this pub for lunch a few times now. It is in a wonderful position right on the River Wye and we were blessed with a lovely day. The service was very efficient and very friendly. The food was very good and copious. My husband had the some cooked ham egg and chips but couldn't finish it. The ham and eggs were excellent but too many chips. I had a lovely baked potato which I enjoyed.

My only reservation about this facility is that the wooden chairs indoors are very hard and get uncomfortable pretty quickly.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

A lovely friendly relaxing riverside pub. Excellent food .....very large meals...beauitful setting right on the river bank of the River Wye. For birthdays & special occasions we pick riparian pubs and this one is one of the best we have been too. Great atmosphere.....campers on the riverbank, local over 50's football team, young lads, workmen & couples. Just lovely....cant wait to return.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We found this lovely little pub by accident but were so pleased to have found it. The new owners are in the process of renovating it at the moment as it needs some tender loving care. However the food was excellent and staff friendly. Well worth a visit and I am sure it will be even better once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

My daughters wedding took place in Ross on Wye on Saturday 17th September so the evening before family that had travelled from across the country gathered at the Chase Hotel. We decided to have a meal together and having checked trip advisor opted for the White Lion, the reviews were great and the venue looked lovely?
SO WRONG !!!!
We booked a table two weeks in advance and as there was a number of us we were asked to pre-order and we're also asked our preference of seating, outdoors by the river or in the restaurant? We opted for the restaurant. All sounds fairly simple and uncomplicated eh?
SO WRONG!!
We arrived on time to find ourselves seated in the bar between the front door and the toilets (restaurant wasn't even open)
The food arrived, we had ordered fairly simple bar meals and we're expecting to be well fed?
SO WRONG
The food was greasy, overcooked and wrong!! I make no secret of being a fussy eater and I like my food plain so when I ordered a plain cheeseburger (preorder and reiterated on the night) I didn't expect it to come full of salad along with a side salad. I asked the waitress to take it away and get me the pain one I ordered, "please don't just scrape the salad off, I will know". Back it came 2 minutes later clearly scraped clean, and not that clean!! Don't treat me like an idiot, please just do as I ask.
Halfway through everyone else's meal I was asked if I would like a fresh one, too late!! I don't expect to eat alone when I've preordered at your request.
Not a single member of our party enjoyed their meal and to add insult to injury we were then overcharged. Dreadful service, unpleasant food, miserable talentless staff and vile dirty premises . Might be different on a summers day for a drink by the river but if you have to use the indoor area or are planning to eat find somewhere else.
If like me you think this looks nice on trip advisor you're
SO WRONG