“Lovely different take on a curry”
Review of Yaks N Yetis

Yaks N Yetis
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Ross-on-Wye
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We had been to Y&Y many years before and I don't really know why we hadn't been back, but we will certainly be going again. My wife and I both remembered a tempura-like dish, and when we asked the owner he suggested the Pakora. Perfect! Nothing like the usual quite stodgy pakoras you usually get. Really lightly battered vegetables and absolutely lovely. The momos (vegetable and meat) were also great as a starter.

We had a few curries - a Thai green curry which my wife really loved. Perfect heat and creaminess for her. I had the Kathmandu which was really tasty, and could be ordered at any heat you want.

Certainly not the cheapest curry we've had, but worth it if you have a special treat to celebrate. Lovely food and very friendly service.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Looks can be deceiving and this place is the perfect example.

Inconspicuously placed in the town, the interior is like your gran's house, with the bathroom a particular throw back. But you really don't care.

The reason for that is the food. It's amazing, home cooked fare served up by lovely people and offering the best of Nepalese grub at fair prices.

I may never be back due to location, but if you pass through don't rule it out, really nice spot.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Yaks and Yetis is run by a genuine Nepalese family meaning that their dishes are both delicious and authentic. Their menu is an eclectic mix of flavours akin to a combination of Indian, Mexican and Thai. The staff are all some of the friendliest people that I've ever had the pleasure to meet and always greet you with a huge smile and a traditional Nepalese welcome.
The restaurant is small but it that gives you a more intimate feel, so we loved it. The range of food available means that there's something on there for everyone. My personal favourite is the Dal Baat which is a traditional Nepalese meal all in one. It's absolutely delicious!!! If I could rate this with more stars, I would!! Be aware though, the restaurant is closed on a Monday so keep that in mind to avoid disappointment!

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

One word to describe this restaurant "superb"
Have eaten there 3 times in the last two months and every time the food has been amazing.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

A gem of a place good menu friendly service great prices
Parking nearby odd little town to visit but worth it for the food