“Best crab I have ever earen”
Review of The Crab Shed

The Crab Shed
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Salcombe
Price range: US$13 - US$41
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Voted "Best Restaurant 2015" by Food & Drink Devon. The Crab Shed is a new waterside seafood restaurant near The Fish Quay in the heart of Salcombe, Devon. Our restaurant sits alongside our very own Crab Factory where we produce 100% hand-picked crab meat, crab cakes and crab stock for our bisque and sauces. All our fish arrives daily from sustainable stocks from "Day Boats" that land to local Fish Markets, mainly Plymouth and Salcombe.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Had the most fantastic meal, seafood was
Delicious simple fresh and brilliantly prepared. Already booked to go back in a few weeks.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Two course seafood platter! What???!!! But so right. First course delicious hot scallops, mussels, salt and pepper squid, giant spicy prawns. Second course
Incredible. Including lobster and prawns but the hero of the dish a giant spider crab. All so freshly cooked the flavours sang. Not that “refrigerator “ taste you often get with at least some of the fish on a mixed platter. Ooooh I still dream of that spider crab. Wine was great too, and the service outstanding. One of best meals I ever had. I wish it were closer!

1  Thank kaysummerfield
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Birthday celebration. Lunch with the hubby. The staff are really lovely. Ordered crab salad and scallops. Really delicious. I would honestly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Book for the evening I guess. The parking is the only problem in Salcombe . The restaurant is on the edge of a big car park ,but we parked at the car park at the top of the town and honestly its not that far to walk back up the hill.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

What a great place – we chose the full experience of the crab, lobster, langoustines etc for 2 and really enjoyed it. It’s in a great location, the staff are really good, and the food simply prepared with top quality ingredients is as good as you can get for a seaside fish and shellfish experience. Next time in Salcombe we will be back

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I love seafood so when I saw the reviews for this place, I had to try it and it was spot on! Huge portions, fresh and tasty food and beautifully presented. One of the best dishes I'd had in a long time. Staff were fun and good humoured too so a really enjoyable evening. Will make a special trip to go again if we go to Devon again.