“Beautiful location, dreadful service”
Review of The Jetty Salcombe

The Jetty Salcombe
Ranked #29 of 45 Restaurants in Salcombe
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We often come here for drinks and/or lunch when on holiday in Salcombe. The restaurant has a wonderful location overlooking the estuary and the menu is interesting and varied. What let’s the bar/restaurant down every time is the service, which is often slow and always unfriendly. Such a shame.

Jason P, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear AlexaMuk

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I would welcome the opportunity o discuss this with you further. Pleae could you contact me directly on Jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend had brought me afternoon tea here for my birthday! When we arrived the staff weren't very welcoming. When the food stand was brought out to our table we had no explanation of what was on there and we was given no options on preferences of what sandwhices we wanted. No questions were asked about any dietary needs thankfully we have none. Noone came over to us once to check if we would like any other drinks or any more food, when we had finished we still had some cakes left i asked if we could have a takeaway box and was advised they had none and would wrap in tinfoil which i thought was rather bizzare. Really over priced and would not recommend for the above reason.

Jason P, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Shannonfx

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am of course disappointed to read it's contents. Could I ask that you contact me directly on jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk in order to discuss this further with you. I look forward to hearing from you I due course.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Sadly, particularly as the hotel itself is very good, the restaurant fails in a number of ways. The service is mediocre. After ordering a tempura veg for a pre starter we waited for an hour for the starter. In fact had to ask the waiter if we were going to get any food to the response ‘it’s not my fault’. Our wine was taken to the wrong table and our main course went the same way before our starter arrived.
The starter of scallops was over cooked and when it arrived but they were the last ones so no replacement available (which was deducted from the bill in fairness)
Again in fairness all the food tasted nice.
Main for me was fish and chips (haddock). I ordered the large fish. No idea what size the small fish would have been but this was not a large fish. The chips were 6 pieces of only just cooked potato.
I left the restaurant feeling hungry and very disappointed across the board. Sadly would not recommend this restaurant

Jason P, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear TopTip_9

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am of course very disappointed to read it's contents. I would very much like to address this for you and could I ask that you contact me directly on jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk in order for me to do so. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I had a brilliant surprise 60th birthday party laid on for me Sunday (26.08) at the jetty where we all enjoyed a lovely meal (the children’s meals were extremely good)served by a couple of realy genuine attentive staff.
I am realy glad this was my surprise venue as we all had a great night.

Jason P, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear stuart m

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Jetty here, I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal so much and that your other diners chose here for such a special occasion. We very much hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My son booked this for us as he had been here before and enjoyed his stay. We live quite far from our children so do not see them often so this was the perfect place for a get together. The restaurant staff were very friendly catering for all our needs and nothing was too much trouble for them. We felt very welcome with many personal touches like remembering our names. Food was first class and choice. Looking forward to a return visit soon.

2  Thank Marion S
Jason P, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Marion S

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit so much and that the Team looked after you all so well. We also look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.