“Good pub”

Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Salcombe
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pub with rooms serving fresh local food both inside and out,excellent hand made pizza, particularly busy during the summer months
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

If you’re wanting to watch the football in Salcombe this is the place with big TVs and a good selection off beer. However if you like to eat, they do great food and at a reasonable price. The home made pizzas are delicious.

David M, Owner at The Fortescue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Hi thank you for your review, we also have another bar and restaurant, same food served throughout with no TVs
Hope to see you again soon
Best regards

David

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I visited the Fortescue with my husband on 3rd of May for lunch. They were having a bit of work done so was a little chaotic but very friendly staff generally. I went to pay on my card and was informed that the transaction had failed. I checked my mobile banking app and could see that it had debited my card but working in finance I’m aware that sometimes these transactions purge so I didn’t worry too much and paid in cash instead Had an ok meal. Seafood chowder was very nice. Checked my account a few days later and saw the extra transaction had now left my account so called the Fortescue. Spoke to someone who said they would refund my card and manager would call me to confirm. Guess what - no one called and no refund. Called again a few days later, again said they would refund. And again no call and no refund has materialised. In the end I’ve had to pursue a refund through credit card company. I’m aware that sometimes things like this happen and I don’t have an issue with the mistake per se. It’s more the fact that i have been ignored by staff and they’ve tried to get away with an extra £45 from me for an average meal. Won’t be going back on this basis.

1  Thank emilyR5532KQ

Hi apologies for not getting back sooner, we are chasing up through our credit card provider. It is still showing as a failed transaction on our side and we certainly do not have your money twice. On that basis we had not automatically refunded the money. I am sure it will be settled in due course. The person you spoke to did try to refund the money on our system (in good faith) which the system would not allow as the transaction still showed as failed and we can not do it manually because any transaction details are securely held. I do ask for your understanding and thank you for your patience, hope you visit and please accept my apologies again
Best regards

David

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Glad we booked a table for a Friday evening meal. The bar was busy but the service was good, fish and chips really fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Nice Dog Friendly pub. We both had the Breaded Hake and were suitably impressed. Good beer too and not too busy on a bank holiday evening

Reviewed 2 May 2018

When I'm away from home I love watching my football and this pub delivered
3 large TVs and the commentary on
The place to go for footy fans