“Super dinner”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit for dinner. The service was efficient friendly and well informed, the food was exceptional and probably the best quality we've enjoyed locally. Lots of fish specials and plenty of other choices. All dishes we had were delicious and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had the pleasure of discovering this little gem during a two night stay in Salcombe. Menu looked appealing so thought we'd book a table. Good decision as the food was superb with an amazing choice of interesting fish dishes. My wife had a monster of a Lemon Sole while I had the wonderful John Dory. Puddings were great too......can highly recommend the chocolate pot! We will return,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food - the service and food were the best we have experienced in Salcombe over several years . A big thankyou and see you early next year .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've toyed with not writing this review as the venue is small, has limited covers & we never want to not be able to get in! We wanted fresh fish for a birthday dinner. We could have chosen 12+ dishes such was the variety of straight off the boat options. We had garlic prawns & monkfish to start with - I hear the monkfish scampi is out of this world, but chef was wonderfully accommodating to produce a small portion of a main dish - we were both blown away. Specials not on the board were our next steps, turbot with brown shrimp and sea bass with crab; extraordinarily devised & executed, seemed so simple, but flavours like I've not tasted in years. Hats off to the staff & chef - superb & a place I hope stays hidden.......!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dined here last night, and could not fault it. From the friendly welcome to the reasonable price, everything was excellent.
You get a standard menu which includes all the meat dishes and sharing plates, then the specials board has all that nights fish courses. Last night there 7 fish starters and 10 mains to choose from - 4 of the mains were supplemental to the board.
We skipped the starters as we had eyes on dessert. I’m not a fish eater - though I could have chosen several dishes - so I had a fillet steak. Cooked perfectly (blue) exactly as requested, this was one of the best fillet steaks I have had in some time. Not rocket science, I know, but easy to get wrong if the meat isn’t up to it or the cooking is wrong. It came simply with onion rings, half a tomato and a field mushroom and a choice of potato - I went for the Sweet Potato fries. And a simple salad on the side.
My partner had one of the supplemental fish dishes - Hake with Pancetta, new potatoes and mushrooms. Looked fabulous, huge portion and she described it as stunning. Say no more.
For desserts we had ginger and rhubarb trifle and a lemon posset with raspberry coulis and sorbet. I’ve never seen a trifle disappear so quickly, and the posset was perfect for following my steak with. Could perhaps have had a little more of a citrus kick, but that’s a minor point.
To go with all of this we had a lovely bottle of French rosé, and the total bill came in at under £90, which I reckon is great value for the quality of the food.
The service was excellent all round. Relaxed and friendly, superbly efficient - there were only 3 people our side of the kitchen and the restaurant was fairly full - yet we didn’t have to wait too long for anything. All calm and collected.
We highly recommend this restaurant. Apparently between now and Christmas they are moving into the Kings Arms over the road, which should give them a little more space and I assume a larger kitchen. We wish them well in their next part of the journey, and will be back next time we are in Salcombe. Definitely one to try.