All reviews sister hotel no lift traditional hotel four poster christmas day wedding reception the ground floor central location charming hotel scones good sized car park pannier market room was clean and comfortable double room pudding centre of town sunday lunch
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I didn't stay at the hotel. I wasn't even a paying customer. I was a cyclist that rode through Dartmoor in -5c and arrived at this establishment a cramped up, shivering wreck. The staff were more than happy to let me sit in the lobby, call a cab for me, offer me a drink, allow me to walk through their classy dining room in my cycling outfit to the bathroom AND were very polite and courteous the entire time.

As a non customer, they didn't have to do any of those things, but the fact I'm impressed with all this shows what level of service I'm used to day to day. Considerably lower than this. Excellent service and beautiful establishment.

I shall take what I picked up service wise back to my own job (retail manager) and recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tavistock.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LordDanny
gmbedfordhotel, General Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Lord Danny,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Bedford Hotel. You can be assured of a warm welcome at all times even if you are not a guest! Thank you for recommending us in the future. Perhaps you will stay one day....

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We thought this place looked a bit smart for us but with free parking at the rear and poor weather (and an otter!) we gave it a try. The open sandwiches we had for lunch were stunning! The place is facinating inside so you must go in to have a good look around. It will be well worth it.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2018

My elderly parents enjoyed a wonderful three night stay and 90 th Birthday Party. Their needs were anticipated and they were made very comfortable last weekend. My Father has to follow a very restricted diet, both the chef and staff ensured he had a choice of meals which he enjoyed. The party food was excellent and well paced. Thank you very much. All the staff were great.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Helpful staff. Spacious room with 2 comfortable chairs and good bathroom facilities. Dining room was slightly underwhelming, maybe white linen on the tables would have helped. Meal was OK ie not outstanding, good service though. Charged us for one helping of olives even though my wife didn't have a sweet in the deal. All in all I would recommend. Breakfast was fine too!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Stopped for a lunch time break, we were really pleasantly impressed we ordered an open sandwich and a drink. The sandwiches came so well presented and fantastic in proportion they were so filling and delicious. We are always saying you can tell a place by the standard of the loos well here they are spectacular so clean etc! Thankyou the Bedford Hotel a great break.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple