“Yummy”

Thariks Tandoori
Ranked #14 of 69 Restaurants in Tavistock
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Thariks is a beautiful Indian restaurant situated at the top of West Street in Tavistock, Devon. With a wide selection of Indian dishes available to suit both the timid and the very brave taste buds.If you are looking for a relaxed setting to sit down and enjoy a meal then look no further than Thariks. Decorated with clean colours, gentle music in the background and soft lighting all help to enhance your dining experience. There is also a room upstairs which is ideal if you wish to have a quiet meal together or if you have a large group.Also, should you wish to enjoy the Indian experience at home then Thariks is also perfect for its Takeaways. You can either order over the phone or order in the restaurant, there is a nice corner table with some light reading on while you wait for your order.
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with friendly staff. We've been going for years and recommend the garlic chicken bhuuna!

Sometimes they do a deal for a mix of different curries which is good if you want to try something new.

Very good.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

We first visited here over 10 years ago. Our return visit did not disappoint. The curry was lovely, service efficient and the house wine just amazing! We would definitely recommend a visit here.......

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Nicely situated in the town centre, this restaurant offers a really nice service and lovely food. The other half is vegan and they fully understand vegan needs.

Well done folks, top notch food.

Ron H, Manager at Thariks Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank You for your kind review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your visit to us we hope to see you again soon. All the best thariks

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Staying at the Wetherspoon's hotel in Tavistock we decided we would like a curry. Decided on this one although it was farther away than the others on offer. On the same side as wetherspoons a little way up the hill. So glad we did. Lovely restaurant, spotlessly clean with well spaced tables. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Good choice of beers and wines. Wonderful, fresh food with plenty to choose from. Well worth the stroll.

Hi Janet

Thank you for your kind review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your visit to us we hope to see you again soon. All the best thariks

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I had a look on Trip Advisor for a curry house near to where i was stating in Tavistock.

Found a parking space within 100 yards. It was a Monday night so i expected it to be empty when i got there at about 18.30. I was the only person so i thought that i would get looked after.

It didn't happen. I ordered my food, starter of prawn puree, main of Lamb Biriani and to get me ready the good old poppadoms and chutneys x 2.

Well it didnt go much further. The poppadoms came out with the chutneys and when i tried to snap them they simply bent over like a piece of cardboard. I didnt wait for anything else as if this is how it starts it isnt going to get any better.

Good luck. I drove 15 miles to Plymouth and found an amazing curry house. A seperate post will follow on that one.

Ron H, Manager at Thariks Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hi Gary!

Thank you very much for your feedback.

As you have stated you have found us on trip advisor, that's due to the reason that we have fantastic good and a fantastic service for our customers.

We do have a lot of parking on the street which is fantastic and very convienent for our customers.

Gary Gary Gary, how can I forget you? I remember that I personally gave you the pint you had ordered. I took your order and provided the poppadoms. (Our poppadoms are freshly made daily and are kept in a hot plate system).

However when I went in the kitchen for a swift few minutes and popped back out I seen an empty table with a half empty pint and nibbles on the poppadoms like a little mouse had eaten at it.

I walked out and seen a 4 wheel drive which was a greyish colour speed off. This was you Gary. Not cool.

If you want to be a keyboard warrior do it somewhere else please. We at Thariks have recently installed CCTV and have your face Gary. Please don't come back as we don't work well with scammers.

All the best Gary