“Bountiful Breakfast Bonanza”
Review of Cafe Liaison

Cafe Liaison
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Tavistock
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Liaison serve breakfast,lunch and homemade daily specials.We also serve barista coffee, milkshakes, smoothies, presse's, cream tea's along with a fully licensed bar.
Reviewed 21 October 2018

A few days prior to visiting Cafe Liaison for breakfast, I walked through Tavistock town centre and saw the Goose Fair preparations in full flow. Upon the pavements of Plymouth Road, council workmen had scratched in chalk the numbered outlines of where each stall would sit; the first fairground rides were installed outside the lovely town hall; caravans were being pitched by the river. Ah, I thought to myself, the calm before the storm.

And I was right, just not about the nature of the storm coming the town's way.

For it wasn't Goose Fair, as I'd imagined, but something the Met Office called Callum that ripped through Tavistock later that week. An unfriendly visitor, who drenched the streets in the kind of rainfall that makes people think twice about venturing into town. Working here, I had no choice but to do so, although I managed a quick breakfast as a rare treat before the daily grind began.

Cafe Liaison is a lovely little venue, almost Parisian in feel when people sit outside on a mild, spring day. Friday, and the rain falling like Lucifer from the heavens, it was cosy and safe inside.

The service was friendly, the welcome warm and informal, and the tea as good as it should be in England. Forget coffee, she is a passing fancy, an exotic mistress to tempt the easily-lured. We are English and tea is our national drink. It's probably what Shakespeare drank when penning his sonnets. Forget also for a moment this whimsical prose. They brew a damn good cup of the stuff here!

Breakfast was excellent, too. Delicious. Poached eggs, crispy bacon and a hill of fresh mushrooms, served upon toasted granary bread. A simple dish, but a great one. The food was cooked to perfection, and the portions so generous I couldn't finish my meal.

It was a smashing start to an otherwise normal day of work. A cheery, warming way to chase the storm and its misery away. I'll be back.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We Went to cafeliason on Saturday before going to the food market ,we had a excellent breakfast and the service was excellent we will be going back again
Well reccomended You won't be disappointed

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Two floors with table service for good old Devon favourites, get in early for lunch as this comfortable spot is popular

Reviewed 24 September 2018

This is a small place near the site of the old Abby. We stopped for a quick cup of coffee. The service was good.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Clean and tidy with new furniture and so lovely that we can take the dog into. The coffee is good. Lovely staff.