“Great tapas night”

Ranked #7 of 468 Restaurants in Warrington
Price range: US$14 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in the centre of Stockton Heath village and with a fully enclosed and heated terrace, Ego is a must visit to watch the world go by whilst enjoying freshly cooked Mediterranean food and delicious cocktails. The restaurant is ideal for large groups, special occasions, family celebrations and intimate dining.
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

My husband and i call at night on wenesday to try something diferent and we really enjoy our evening with great tapas and an excellent service.the place was full and it wasn't weekend.fully recomended.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

Whilst lots of our meat-eating friends have long rated Ego's amongst their favourite restaurants, we have always found their vegetarian options quite limited if you didn't like goat's cheese. But on the basis that it is several years since our last visit, we thought we would "give it another go".

The inside has been completely refurbished since our last visit and now has a nice upmarket feel to it. Add to that several new menu's, including a Tapas and you now have a truly wide choice of food to choose from.

We tried the Pitta Breads with dips (gorgeous), the Patatas a la Brava (amazing) and Sautéed Garlic Wild Mushrooms (fantastic). Choosing 5 stars on Trip Advisor allows you to specify if this was one of the best meals we have ever had in a restaurant and for us, it gets a resounding Yes.

Very highly rated.

Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

Called into Ego with my mother for some lunch and i have to say what a great time we had from being greeted at the door shown to our table and treated to some excellent food i opted for the steak it was cooked perfect with all the trimmings my mother chose the kebabs in pitta bread she's 82 years old and she said the dish was excellent I've never written a review before but after my experience i just had to do one thanks to the staff who were polite and smiling Emma was one girls name what a credit to the restaurant she is and thanks to the chef and other staff will definitely be calling again

Reviewed 26 January 2015

I have just returned from Egos, Stockton Heath to celebrate my wife's birthday. My medium Rib Eye steak was served Luke warm, and returned to the chef. A new steak was given to me, only to be served rare. My plate had blood all over it. This is not the first time that I have had cold food served from this restaurant, or poorly cooked meat. On my last visit I had under cooked lamp shank. They should concentrate on Mediterranean food only and leave the steaks to the experts. I will not be returning again, and would recommend that you order what they do best if you visit..............Mediterranean food. I am just about to order a takeaway as I'm very hungry.

2  Thank Ebby1964
Reviewed 20 January 2015

Good atmosphere at lunch time. Very good service. Very good starter, and a superb rib-eye steak, done to perfection. Highly recommended.