“2nd chance.”
Review of British Raj

British Raj
Ranked #299 of 497 Restaurants in Warrington
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The first time we ordered we ordered the food was cold when it arrived, but after a quick bing in the microwave it was fine. This time it arrived piping hot. My partner's food was fine. Mine wasn't. I've never had a veggie biryani like it. It's all about the sauce. It has to be. Otherwise it's just a lot of oily rice. Sadly the sauce was a thick lump that sat stubbornly on top of the rice. The end result being I was left with half a tray of rice I couldn't eat.

5  Thank Steven F

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Yeah I know there's more to a meal than a papadum, but it was the finest I've ever tasted. We ordered a takeaway. It arrived on time and the food was of a high standard. My only gripe is my food was warm at best, whilst my partners was hot. No big problem because I binged it in the microwave. We'll order again, but if it happens again, great papadums or not we'll order from some place else

4  Thank Steven F
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

On Thursday I found my favourite Indian was shut so I had to look else were.
I entered the shop and was greeted by a very friendly man at the counter. I ordered a set meal for 2 and asked if they could take it easy with the coriander. The man kindly offered to cook my food without any coriander. The food was amazing really tasty. My daughter is very fussy with Indian food but her plate was soon cleared. Will definitely be returning as I now have 2 favourite Indian takeaways.

4  Thank Chantal W
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Ordered meal on line which was supposed to gain as advertised a 10% discount which the frankly curt boy behind the counter refused to honour.
I ordered food to pick up at 5pm I arrived at shop at 5 and before I could open my mouth the rude boy behind the counter said your too early we are not open yet to which I explained the web page said I could pick up at 5 to which the boy said you will have to wait 10mins so a slight delay and a front of house rudeness but not to worry eventually I was told my food was ready the boy said the price I said and the 10% discount ? To which he said it's already applied which it wasn't but I thought it's only a couple of quid not to worry! I then got home with my food onion bhajis were cold naan bread was under cooked! I have used this place for years but NEVER AGAIN!!

1  Thank mistermarkmark
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Very nice in hot food nice delivery man the best Indian food in the world friendly staff my family loved with a good price c

2  Thank Nahermiah