“Birthday meal”

Chennai Indian Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 500 Restaurants in Warrington
Price range: US$26 - US$39
Description: A Stylish, Modern, Contemporary Indian Bar And Restaurant Located in Glazebury Warrington..Formerly The Foresters Arms..Takeaway Service also Available..
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic Indian one of the best locally , the service was excellent all the staff were friendly and more importantly the food was amazing x

1  Thank ellen e

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant as had passed it many times but there were always Indian restaurants nearer to home. It was absolutely lovely. The decor is modern fresh and new, the service was excellent, all the waiters went out of their way to be helpful and the food was delicious. I ordered chicken chum chum which I’ve had a number of times elsewhere but this was better and the naan were fresh and light not heavy and fought as in some restaurants. We will definitely be going back!

1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Went to Chennai restaurant for a meal, welcomed by nice friendly staff with quick service, good food and most importantly it's very clean. Would recommend

2  Thank ElleBeaumont
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Was recommended by my work colleague, so glad we did! Where to start, first of all I knew we were on to a good thing when the place was nearly full on a Monday night. The food was top class and the owner and staff cannot do enough for you. I'm hoping you guys open up a restaurant in my home town of Portsmouth! Will be back soon.

3  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I had booked a table for my family several weeks ago,after being told it was quite popular. On arrival,the restaurant was really busy and I gave our name to one of the staff. We were told that that there would be a 5/10 min wait and to order drinks from the bar. I noticed that other people coming in to Chennai,had their drinks orders taken straightaway. After 5 mins,a waiter took our order. We waited 40 mins to be seated. Nowhere to put our drinks while we waited.
During that time no-one came over to apologise or give an update as to when our table would be ready. I went over to the bar and complained. I was told that the table was nearly ready. No apology given. We were eventually seated. Had to ask for more room at the table as we were cramped together.
£20 menu was recommended,which we decided to have. If our order had been taken earlier by staff,we wouldn't have had to wait for the starter. One of the waiters was abrupt in his manner,I'm afraid that goes down like a lead balloon,no excuse as it comes across as impolite. Other waiters were fine,particularly one waiter who was really good with my granddaughter.
Food was ok but nothing special.
Staff were like headless chickens,everything was rushed. We asked for another round of drinks. No one came to take the order. Had to ask a passing waiter to take our order.
The place is really cramped and got the impression that the 'regulars' got more attention and precedence.
Towards the end the bill was hurriedly put on the table and we felt like we were on a conveyor belt! Check your bill as our drinks were not itemised. Still no apology given.
I went over to the person who appeared to be manager. I explained about the unreasonable length of time we had to wait. To be honest,he didn't seem bothered. Staff need to be better organised and bookings need to be managed better. Staff need to be tuned in to customers needs. ie; don't ignore customers,keep them updated. If it hadn't been for my husband needing food in relation to his medical condition, we would have walked out.

3  Thank CheshireMabel39
anamulmiah, Owner at Chennai Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hi CheshireMabel39, thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are really sorry that your recent visit to Chennai was not to the standard you expect from us. We are not the largest of restaurants in terms of space and try to balance our bookings throughout two sitting times on weekends as there is a high demand for tables.

Your table was reserved at 6.30 pm and your group didn't get seated untill "6.50pm" which was a 20 minute wait. We sat everyone down in the bar area, handed you all menus and offered you a complimentary round of drinks which you happily accepted to compensate for the inconvenience of waiting for your table. This is the policy we have in place to ensure that customers are not forgotten about whilst waiting for their table.

We have a small bar area and there aren't any tables to put drinks on due to the lack of space so we do apologise for the frustration. This is something we're currently working on and aim to fix this issue very soon as we are in process of extending the restaurant.

I do agree that service was a little slow on the night and there was a slight delay on your starters. This is due to the high number of takeaway orders being prepared the same time as inside orders which slowed down the kitchen staff . I can only apologise for the dissatisfaction and are constantly training staff to help improve speed of service. We only handed the bill over to your table as one of your family members had requested it so I am sorry if you felt a little rushed. Once again I apologise on behalf of my team.

You mention that you went over to the manager and explained about the length of time you had to wait. I remember everything clearly, you had mentioned this to me when you were leaving the restaurant as a member of staff was opening the door for you all . I did take everything into consideration and once again apologised and explained why there was a delay. I even personally told you to wait one minute and handed you over two complimentary gift vouchers to a value of £40.00. I find it very unfair that you state the manager wasn't interested. We appreciate feedback from our customers, but ones that are honest.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss further.

Many Thanks,