“How to ruin a special occasion”
Review of Memphis Belle - CLOSED

Memphis Belle
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A beautiful gentlemans residence style property set in grounds with woodland and ponds, ample parking and 2 minutes from the gemini retail area, marks and Spencers, IKEA, NEXT and much more. Carvery from £5.95 Served Monday-Friday 12 noon - 2.30Pm and 5pm - 20.30Pm, Saturday 12 noon - 8.30Pm and Sunday 12 noon 8.30Pm. Grill menu available all day every day 12 noon - 9pm serving simple sandwiches,traditional pies, fish and chips, and steak. Wide range of lagers, cask ales and quality wines. SKY and BT sports showing all major live sporting events. Function room catering for numbers up to 100, ideal for wedding, celebrations, business meetings and company awards. Smaller meeting room up to 25 persons ideal for the smaller celebrations or meetings. Outside gardens areas, baby changing facilities. Quiz night every Monday from 8.30Pm FREE entry,
Reviewed 12 November 2008

Having been impressed on many occasions we decided to go to the Memphis Belle for my wife's 30th birthday. We waited 20 mins for our drinks to be brought to our table. When the starters were brought out, 2 had to be sent back because the soup was cold. No apology or anything. My wife ordered well done steak which was still red and bloody inside, also the chips werent cooked properly. Again we had to wait ages for our drinks, just as one of the guest was about to go to the bar they arrived.
When we arrived at the pub I spoke to the waitress who took a birthday cake off me and we arranged for it to be brought out after the main meal. After no sign of the cake I had to ask about it therefore spoiling the surprise, with that the cake arrived in its box with the lid on and was plonked in front of my wife with no explanation. They even went to the trouble of writing the table number on it. It was most annoying when throughout the night they had brought cakes out to other tables.
When I complained I was told they werent obliged to bring the cake out. No real apology was made nor was any money refunded for the poor quality meals or service. As a gesture of goodwill they knocked £4.95 off the bill, hardly a dent in £200.
Needless to say we will not be going back to the Memphis Belle and we strongly recommend to our friends not to bother either. Since our visit I have heard more stories of slow service and poor food.

1  Thank Tallullah9

Reviewed 3 November 2008

Nine of us went to the Memphis Belle for a lunch. Five of us chose the carvery and unfortunately all of us had food poisioning.

When my friend contacted the restaurant to inform them of this fact they said that they had many certificates in food hygiene.

Five people from different parts of the country and all of us at one table and all of us ill. We met at the restaurant and said goodbye at the restuarant.

Reviewed 29 October 2008

I visited the Memphis Belle Warrington with my sister,for her birthday.we decided on the carvery which was o.k..after waiting about 20 mins.to order a dessert , we decided against it,and requested the bill,the waitress eventually brought a credit card machine to the table,which twice produced a void receipt,after changing the machine I finally got to pay and was assured that the first two attempts were void.as we were leaving we decided to go back & ask for the copies of the 2 void receipts,which proved fruitfull, as when I checked my bank statement I was amazed to find I had been charged 3 times, I phoned the the hotel and spoke to the manager, explained what had happened,I was then asked to return to the hotel where the manager would deal with the problem,which I did,his attitude was that he had more important things to do! and his excuses feeble.we were not offered any type of compensation or reinbursement for the inconvenience, and no apology I will not be returning, and would advise anyone to check their payments before and after they leave the establishment.

Reviewed 3 October 2008

I went on a recommendation by a couple of friends who had been some time ago.

The pub decor outside and in looks lovely, the wine and beer is good but very expensive but the food was a discgrace.

I thought it was going to be somethin gout of this world considering how busy it was and the wait for the table but how wrong could I have been, I had fish and chips, you could tell it was all frozen food, nothing fresh about it. The chips were pale and cold in the middle, the peas hard as a rock and there would have been more meat on a sardine.

My other half had the carvery, he though it was medeocre, his yorkshire pudding you couldn't put a knife or fork through it it was that burnt. The only time a waitress comes over is to take your order, we were going to have a desert and coffee but the time we were kept waiting we paid at the counter and left.

Very disappointed and won't be recommending to anyone!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook