“Esquires coffee Worthing”

Esquires Coffee Worthing
Ranked #9 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Worthing
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Popped in as it seemed quiet and needed a change to my typical Costa coffee but I really should have stuck to what I know!

I ordered peach iced tea and it was overly sugary and hardly tasted of peach. I went back to let them know, they watered it down for me and it was still too sweet. I left all of it and staff ignored the fact that it was obviously bad.

Really poor service and drinks!

I then used the facilities and they absolutely reeked. This standard of hygiene is disgusting for a place that serves food and drinks.

It’s really odd that everyone was thanked when leaving but they made no acknowledgement of me and no apology for the poor tasting drink they served.

0/5

Reviewed 16 July 2018

A regular haunt of mine and meeting point for my friends and myself, this little coffee bar, (well, not so little really!), is a delightful place, which offers the luxury of marvelous leather (?) chairs in which you can sink and disappear for hours of undisturbed rest, and the best REAL tea, in elegant teapots, in the whole of Worthing! That might not be quite accurate as I have not visited every single coffee shop and sampled their tea, but, anyway, in my books, so far, it is! The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful and do go out of their way to make your visit a most enjoyable experience. There is also a space, at the bottom end of the coffee shop, where weary parents can sit with their young children and take a breather... Everybody seems to be welcome and the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing....

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I called in for late lunch mid-week. I usually visit during the busy part of lunchtime and always receive a welcome. On this occasion it was later, and a lot quieter, but, although the person serving me was polite, there was no welcome or conversation.

My caramel macchiato was lovely, and beautifully presented. Unfortunately I was disappointed with the food; my carrot cake had a chunk missing (?!) and my panini arrived on a small plate without the accompanying salad and crisps There wasn’t even a small garnish. Although it all tasted fine I felt that corners had been cut at my expense. I didn’t say anything at the time as I had to get back to work but on my was out I checked the display shelf, which clearly offered my panini with “salad and chips” (crisps).

I was really disappointed as this is usually one of my favourite lunch stops.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Having always walked by and headed to Nero, Esquires is going to be my new favoured haunt. Welcoming staff, comfortable seating and 3 ‘above and beyonds’ in 3 minutes has sealed it. Told my wife and she too will now visit. Thank you. See you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

My favourite pure coffee stop in town by far. Lovely and relaxing environment. Comfy chairs, wi fi, average prices but the coffee here is good.

Flat white to die for. There are also a good choice certainly first thing of cakes and pastries.

Recommended