“The best tea in Worthing so far...”

Esquires Coffee Worthing
Ranked #9 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Worthing
Reviewed 16 July 2018

A regular haunt of mine and meeting point for my friends and myself, this little coffee bar, (well, not so little really!), is a delightful place, which offers the luxury of marvelous leather (?) chairs in which you can sink and disappear for hours of undisturbed rest, and the best REAL tea, in elegant teapots, in the whole of Worthing! That might not be quite accurate as I have not visited every single coffee shop and sampled their tea, but, anyway, in my books, so far, it is! The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful and do go out of their way to make your visit a most enjoyable experience. There is also a space, at the bottom end of the coffee shop, where weary parents can sit with their young children and take a breather... Everybody seems to be welcome and the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing....

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I called in for late lunch mid-week. I usually visit during the busy part of lunchtime and always receive a welcome. On this occasion it was later, and a lot quieter, but, although the person serving me was polite, there was no welcome or conversation.

My caramel macchiato was lovely, and beautifully presented. Unfortunately I was disappointed with the food; my carrot cake had a chunk missing (?!) and my panini arrived on a small plate without the accompanying salad and crisps There wasn’t even a small garnish. Although it all tasted fine I felt that corners had been cut at my expense. I didn’t say anything at the time as I had to get back to work but on my was out I checked the display shelf, which clearly offered my panini with “salad and chips” (crisps).

I was really disappointed as this is usually one of my favourite lunch stops.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Having always walked by and headed to Nero, Esquires is going to be my new favoured haunt. Welcoming staff, comfortable seating and 3 ‘above and beyonds’ in 3 minutes has sealed it. Told my wife and she too will now visit. Thank you. See you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

My favourite pure coffee stop in town by far. Lovely and relaxing environment. Comfy chairs, wi fi, average prices but the coffee here is good.

Flat white to die for. There are also a good choice certainly first thing of cakes and pastries.

Recommended

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Very rarely go into Worthing but glad we stopped by here! A really nice clean, tidy and comfortable place with friendly and helpful staff who know both how to smile and also help out less able customers. We sat by the counter on the comfy armchairs and saw good customer service time and again. My partner's peppermint tea was a proper infusion rather than the typical teabag and my coffee was smooth and delicious. Highly recommended, especially in preference to the chain coffee shops.